PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

That's not what he said according to this:

I will give it a read. On Talksport he was basically saying they haven't done anything wrong, the premier league accepted their large claims of losses and other clubs should have followed suit.

They were very clever.
It couldnt be just that though. They couldnt submit those loss figures without knowing for a fact they wouldnt be disputed/Charged.

They would be completely open to a huge points deduction. They confidently spent hundreds of millions in the preceding transfer windows knowing that they wouldnt be punished further down the line.

Shows his level of stupidity

Why wait until we've been hung drawn & quartered in the media, paid Pannick & his lawyers 5k a day to go to the independent commission, to bribe them at the last minute. If we would have bribed the PL then it would have been more worthwile to do it before the PL dropped the bombshell of 115 alleged breaches. We could have paid the PL £1m in hush money, like the dippers

So if City’s legal team get this chucked in the bin in front of an independent panel appointed by the Premier League. It means the highest sports court in the land in CAS have agreed with City and then also a three person panel who City didn’t appoint. Where will these people have left to go on the mental gymnastics that City brown enveloped their way out of it?

Yes, but after we’ve taken legal action against the Premier League and the red cartel. We have previous with Uefa too. If we play our cards right which I believe we will, then no one can mess us about again and we will stamp our authority. The Super League would then be run fairly.

:) Fair enough. We can agree to disagree.

Apologies if already asked, but I've not been on the forum for a few days and haven't got the time to plough through hundreds of pages. With regard to United's losses, I believe they were allowed to deduct £40m for Covid, and £35m for the expenses of the club sale, but weren't their 3 year losses around £240m ??? If so, even with those discounted, the 3 year losses would still be around £165m which is STILL around £60m more than permitted losses under PSR ??

I will give it a read. On Talksport he was basically saying they haven't done anything wrong, the premier league accepted their large claims of losses and other clubs should have followed suit.
Oh I agree with you, the Premier Lesgue has said they didn't do anything wrong and it was quoted as saying they were given exceptional Covid and Share dealing losses.

If Everton had been given the same 40m Covid allowance they wouldn't have failed (plus the hit caused by the Ukrainian war as another poster mentioned) I'm sure Everton just didn't seek advice from the red shirts at the PL, the Rags influence is so strong you can bet they were back and forth asking what was the best way to fiddle the PSR, it's scandalous really.

So if City’s legal team get this chucked in the bin in front of an independent panel appointed by the Premier League. It means the highest sports court in the land in CAS have agreed with City and then also a three person panel who City didn’t appoint. Where will these people have left to go on the mental gymnastics that City brown enveloped their way out of it?
The brown envelope covers all.

Done nothing wrong as in they submitted the reasons for the loses. If the premier wave that through that means they have done nothing wrong. Suppose you can interpret it in different ways.

Khaldoon has pointedly differentiated the Senior Execs at the Premier League. He goes out of his way to praise the Chair, Allison Brittain, but totally ignores CEO Masters - who is persona non grata at the Club. When City win their “case”, Masters will definitely be sacked and depending on the events leading up to issuing City’s charges (who advised, authorised the “weaponised” charges and why) it may be that the PL’s Legal Head/General Counsel has to go as well, and possibly terminate their relationship with their external Law firm. Beyond that I think Khaldoon will mend his fences with Brittain (he may have done so already) and the new regime at PL.
As you say, the super league won’t happen and the red shirts/Spurs will just have to get back to trying to beat us on the pitch - instead of shenanigans behind our back in the corridors of power.
As for the morons who endlessly call us cheats etc, that will fade especially if we have an even-handed regime running the PL.
I’m very optimistic and the end of this hearing can’t come soon enough - I’ve just a gut feeling it may not take quite as long as being currently suggested.
The Khaldoon stuff regarding Brittain is very obvious…the rest is conjecture.
Tend to agree but why get rid of their legal firm? They may have advised them not to go with this but the client insisted who knows but this all needs ending as soon as possible, it's damaging to the club but it's also damaging for the league that's why masters will go, the PL earns this country millions of pounds in export revenue not to mention the tourism it brings in, them being bullied or controlled by a cartel of clubs is not a good look, and when most football fans put their bias aside they know exactly what has happened here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.