PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

i think tney will make something stick , they just cant be seen to have taken it this far for nothing . This good faith thing seems a grey area

i too trust khaldoon 100%
The evidence is the evidence if there isn't any they can't just make something up to make it stick.

The MEN is a dying institution, scrambling round desperately trying to stay relevant, peddling click bait and trying to appeal to the masses. Certainly when it comes to City it makes no effort to display regional loyalty, which I find incredibly disappointing. The Liverpool Echo is practically a parody and we regularly poke fun at it for its heavily biased reporting of anything relating to its football teams, but there is no doubt whose side it is on. The MEN, on the other hand, sadly is prepared to sacrifice any local allegiance to placate the clickbait masses.

Years ago I had professional dealings with the MEN, it had some great people there and some very good journalists. Its unrecognisable to what it has become now, and if the people responsible for reporting on City aren't ashamed of what they are resorting to, then they should be.
The MUEN are a fucking disgrace.

Yes there is. In complying with each of those rules as in all other matters relating to the club's dealings with the PL, the rules have to be complied with in good faith. Once again, if the club in complying with all those rules has acted in bad faith by providing, at the very least, information it knew to be incorrect, then it has breached all of those rules. That is why the good faith rule had been added to that tranche of allegations, imho, because without it the club could say it has complied with a literal reading of those rules.

Tbh, I doubt very much that the PL's very expensive lawyers have made such a fundamental mistake in their referral that all the most serious charges can be thrown out on such a flimsy premise.

Anyway, it's bedtime for me, thank God, so I am leaving this here. I have to get up in the middle of the night to watch the match. Enjoy the game!
you're wrong, the rule is the rule as written. See the Leicester case where the PL lost due to the rule being written as it is. That is how law works, it's not oh we actually meant this by that rule. The PL are a sloppy organisation and the rules are sloppily written and quite frankly opens the door for the city solicitors to walk through really easily. Again this is all pre 2014 before they cracked down and the rules.

The MEN is a dying institution, scrambling round desperately trying to stay relevant, peddling click bait and trying to appeal to the masses. Certainly when it comes to City it makes no effort to display regional loyalty, which I find incredibly disappointing. The Liverpool Echo is practically a parody and we regularly poke fun at it for its heavily biased reporting of anything relating to its football teams, but there is no doubt whose side it is on. The MEN, on the other hand, sadly is prepared to sacrifice any local allegiance to placate the clickbait masses.

Years ago I had professional dealings with the MEN, it had some great people there and some very good journalists. Its unrecognisable to what it has become now, and if the people responsible for reporting on City aren't ashamed of what they are resorting to, then they should be.
The MUEN are a fucking disgrace.

I dont understand we may be accused of paying Yaya or his agent off the books but wouldnt pay out for his Birthday cake.
If one of the charges is failing to buy him a cake we can easily disprove that one as well. We did buy him a cake, but his agent didn’t think that was good enough. Don’t understand why the opposite has become the accepted story

Great post mate, the great late Paul Hince springs to mind when you mention very good journalist.

If one of the charges is failing to buy him a cake we can easily disprove that one as well. We did buy him a cake, but his agent didn’t think that was good enough. Don’t understand why the opposite has become the accepted story
I think the issue was that City put in a receipt for a triple layered King Melon cake from Harrods when in reality he got a chocolate cookie from Greggs.

Totally disagree with this.

You seem to be losing sight of the fact that even if we have breached any regulations all we are actually guilty of is attempting to circumvent a set of wholly corupt and iniquitous rules that were only put in place to protect the cartel of established so called "big clubs" and prevent any other club from challenging their dominance.

Whether we agree with the rules or not, rules are rules.

It’d be like a shoplifter getting convicted of nicking a load of clothes from JD then saying “nah mate the rules are snide, so it doesn’t count”.

We signed up to the rules. If we didn’t agree with them we shouldn’t have done.

Whether we agree with the rules or not, rules are rules.

It’d be like a shoplifter getting convicted of nicking a load of clothes from JD then saying “nah mate the rules are snide, so it doesn’t count”.

We signed up to the rules. If we didn’t agree with them we shouldn’t have done.

Well we had little choice but to sign up for the rules as without doing so we wouldn't have been allowed to play in the competition. It doesn't mean we agreed with them. It also doesn't mean that we broke them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.