PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This case is about us and our alleged actions. That’s it.

We will not be using whataboutery in our defence.
Are you sure? One tactic is to muddy the waters. Questions to the P.L. why the Scousers were not charged for hacking, the letter to EUFA on Arsenal letter headed paper and the scum being allowed millions in allowances spring to mind. Planting a seed that there is bias and potentially racism and the PL and it's members not acting in good faith won't do us any harm.Granted that the hearing should be about the evidence only. There are loads of instances of bad P.R. stating we are obviously guilty. It would be great if we could ask the questions and inadvertently leak their answers to the press.

agreed, the six point deduction would most likely be 12+pts if dished out at a hearing
I guess it's possible that the 3-man commission had looked at the evidence and come back with the view that it would be a 10 or even 12-point deduction based on the evidence they'd seen so far. And that to save the huge expense of a 3-month hearing, and probably an appeal, the PL were prepared to settle for less, in order to avoid the expense.

It's also possible that they were told that it was the IC's view that it was only 50/50 that they'd land the main allegations, and they wanted to try to get a result without that uncertainty, and one that satisfied the cartel as well.

It could also be possible that they did this entirely off their own bat, having discussed with the cartel what they'd consider the minimum adequate outcome.

We don't know, and we'll only know when the IC makes its findings known.

on the basis of the 6 point deduction and fine, was this to settle all charges and end the case or would have other charges remaind to be heard at the hearing, if its the first then we realy have nothing to worry about here

I've had it on good authority that this happened (and I know who it came from). More recently I've been told (but I couldn't verify, so treat it with caution) that we were specifically offered a 6-point deduction and a large fine to settle pre-hearing. I don't know if the deduction would have applied last season or this. Obviously our answer to that offer was no. This echoes what happened with UEFA, who offered us a fine to settle, an offer we again rejected.

You can look at this as the PL believing their case wouldn't stand up at a hearing, or that it would and they felt a slightly more severe penalty would be in order (although they have no idea what the IC might do).

Clearly the media weren't told, or if they were, chose not to publicise it for whatever reason.
While i find this hard to believe it is possible. The Leicester appeal showed us that an independent PL panel, con investigate, charge, find guilty and punish, without having all the facts correct, just like UEFA with both losing on appeal, it puts a huge amount of pressure on our panel to accept only fact.

The Telegraph article is saying that we would be looking at being thrown out of the CL, Club World Cup as well as the domestic cups.

Blimey

It's absolutely bollocks dressed up as an exclusive. Firstly, for the FA Cup the rule apparently is "Where a club has been admitted to participate in the competition but is then removed from the league in which it competes (or its league fixtures are suspended), the Professional Game Board [PGB] may remove the club from the competition.” It's unlikely that would happen and even if it did, participation "may" be withdrawn. Then for the Carabao, participation is “each member from time to time of the league and each member from time to time of the Premier League”. The club would either be in one or the other, presumably. And for CL and CWC they have no idea what the rules are

Convincing.

I've had it on good authority that this happened (and I know who it came from). More recently I've been told (but I couldn't verify, so treat it with caution) that we were specifically offered a 6-point deduction and a large fine to settle pre-hearing. I don't know if the deduction would have applied last season or this. Obviously our answer to that offer was no. This echoes what happened with UEFA, who offered us a fine to settle, an offer we again rejected.

You can look at this as the PL believing their case wouldn't stand up at a hearing, or that it would and they felt a slightly more severe penalty would be in order (although they have no idea what the IC might do).

Clearly the media weren't told, or if they were, chose not to publicise it for whatever reason.

The media know.

@gordondaviesmoustache
Completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but.. when I see lawyers using a trolley to wheel massive boxes of legal papers into the courtroom I always wonder why they don’t save themselves the bother and use digital versions.

Presumably would also be much easier to use within proceedings as well if you can just open a file instead of sifting through thousands of docs.

Maybe it’s a bit grandstanding on the courtroom precinct.
Some people prefer the tactility and flexibility of paper, especially as it’s a known quantity and a medium they’ve operated with for many years. If those papers are ours then I guess Pannick will prefer operating that way, and like a chef with his knives he will want it ‘just so’ in his workplace, so he can perform to his best. It’s his case to run as he sees fit.

Things are more digitalised now, but it’s not obligatory upon the person conducting the case, although they will still need to use that platform more widely in the hearing, such as with witnesses.

Don’t think there’s any grandstanding, as it looks a bit daft and anachronistic imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.