PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

What would be the point of settling in that instance? They more than likely offered the "low" settlement as a way of the PL saving face and ending the whole farce they'd forced upon themselves, thinking City were soft targets and would happily accept just to get it over with.

But our owners have integrity and this is their reputation being slandered, so no surprise we said no to any "offer" they proposed. That makes more sense to me.

Sorry no, my initial understanding (which I've been put right on and realise likely isn't the case) was a hopeful one that the PL, perhaps for reasons of sketchy evidence and huge financial costs to them in running the case, would drop the fraud/concealment and thus exonerate the club of these serious charges in exchange for settlement of less serious stuff which would carry a lower penalty, in this case 6 points and a fine.

Understand now that's likely not the case so happy to move on, but that was my initial take on PB's post.

The Telegraph article is saying that we would be looking at being thrown out of the CL, Club World Cup as well as the domestic cups.

Blimey
It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest for them to try.
It become apparent very early on that everyone doesn’t just want us punished, they want us gone, permanently!
FFP/PSR is supposed to protect clubs from going out of business.
Well that’s what they told us, right?
So I have to ask..
WHERE THE FUCK IS OUR PROTECTION?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.