PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

All this rhetoric is making me LMFAO...people need to relax. All these extreme consequences are all nonsense. What DOCUMENTS can the Prem actually have that would support their claims? And why on Earth would we have any self incriminating documents in existence. I'm still having a difficult time trying to understand how the Prem could prove such accusations. "We think you are guilty of mass fraud and we know you have a bunch of documents that say so. Now give them to us." WTF?

BTW, we, the Prem, think all of your business partners are lying fucks willing to perjure themselves on a grand scale.

City employ something like 1300 people, probably 90% of these are just normal people with mortgages and families to feed

Yep… These wankers want the club to be crushed into oblivion and these ‘normal people’ to lose their livelihoods
That's the rag way laying off staff, so it must be good.

Imagine if City were laying off staff left, right and centre, the biased gutter press would be having City's guts for garters. They rags do it, hardly a peep out of the cunts.

That's basically what we are up against, a fawning, subservient, biased, agenda driven press. Fuck em.

I've recently experienced Jury Service (not to compare my experiences, to what it going on)

However, despite thoughts and feelings and general agreement that the alleged act did take place, there was not enough evidence to prove that it did.

I am no law expert.....but this, for me , in the context of the City hearing, gives me confidence that the Premier League have a major uphill struggle to to prove anything.

Apologies if it’s a stupid question, but on the more serious allegations (I.e sponsorship) is there any middle ground or is it simply we did it or we didn’t? Basically, is it either a huge punishment or no punishment…or could they decide on a smaller punishment for a ‘technical’ breach or something like that?
Wide range of outcomes. IC could conclude lots of different things from very serious to a minor or non-cooperation. Smaller, technical breaches are possible but so are serious ones. Very hard to know until we see the decision

Reactions: Ric
It’s a reasonable enough question, and didn’t really deserve some of the (now deleted) sarky responses tbh. Not actually sure of the answer myself, but hopefully someone else with more knowledge can answer it.
It's not a silly question at all. We know what rules we're alleged to have broken but not why we're alleged to have broken those rules. The charges refer to the accuracy of the accounts, sponsorship income & related parties, so it's a fair guess that it's to do with Etihad, Etisalat, whether these were overvalued and whether they were disguised equity investment. Probably pretty much the same ground as UEFA's FFP charges which were dismissed by CAS.

It's possible that the IC could find that the contracts weren't fair value (so were overstated) but also weren't disguised equity investment. Or vice versa, that the contracts were fair value but were also disguised equity investment. Or that the contracts were fair value and not disguised equity investment, but were related parties and weren't declared as such. Or that we breached some rules but not others. Or that we breached rules in one year but not in another.

However, based on CAS, I'd say those partial outcomes were far less likely than an all or nothing outcome.

I have said this mate, every rival football fan does not want to just punish us, but to execute us, they want us wiped out of existence.

It’s ironic that FFP was brought in to try and safeguard clubs from doing a Bury F.C and going out of business,

Yet if they find us guilty of all these charges that very same rule of FFP could bankrupt us and leave us in financial ruin if they were to throw the kitchen sink and every man and his dog at us,

I really am fed up of this whole situation, I am adamant if we did a Blackburn rovers and won the leauge just once and then faded into obscurity then this whole charade of FFP and independent panels would not be happening,

I am down in London next week, I am tempted to go down to where the actual hearing is taking place, to see if I can gage an atmosphere or feeling of these barristers who are leaving at the end of a days hearing, if I see lord panic I might even be cheeky and ask how it’s going in there lol
Take a placard and a megaphone....

" No no.... no no no no....no no no no....no no ....we're not guilty !!

Hence all the new bullshit headlines today to keep the rags arse and dipper fans from finishing with football
The sales of rope will go through the roof

I heard from a reliable source that all of the trouble in the Middle East was a proxy war between USA, Russia & China to control the lucrative candle market.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.