PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

LOL. I hope that's an ironic reply. The prospect of relegation was never a serious option, more a piece of media sensationalism.

To be expelled from the PL, or suffer something like a 70 point deduction, we'd have to have committed a very serious, wide ranging and deliberate deception against the PL, UEFA, our auditor and our commercial partners. Quite simply, we haven't done that.

If we had I'd be very shocked and would have little sympathy for those who orchestrated that.

As I said, the very worst case scenario is that we'd be in a similar position to Everton, with the the IC finding that the bulk of the Etihad sponsorship was falsely included in our revenues. In that case we could be found to have exceeded the PL PSR maximum allowable loss by a similar sum when the figures for the impacted years were re-evaluated. I seriously doubt that's going to be the case though.
In terms of PSR and inflated or incorrectly recorded sponsorships -
There's an argument that the sponsorship was £60m pa and sheikh mansour or a closely related party paid all but 8m of it.
Let's presume that's found to be true.
Would that mean the accounts would be down marked by £52m so we would fail PSR for those years?
Surely if we sponsored by Amazon or Tesco instead, they would have paid us a lot mroe than £8m so how is it judged how much we failed by?

Yes but that’s not my point. It’s possible that we are innocent and lose. We won CAS 2-1 nor 3-0 as an example.
I can't see how we will lose if we are innocent, certainly not on the substantial charges. Personally if we are innocent I'm happy the club declined the offer if made. And if the PL turns into a kangaroo court and finds us guilty despite the evidence then fuck them, you should always stand up for what's right and your principals. It's them that won't sleep at night not those at City.

I thought the Etihad deal was £400m for 10 years (when it was signed) equating to £40m per year. Compared to the £60m you stated in your post above.
You're right about the initial Etihad deal as far as I'm aware but at CAS the claim was that Etihad had only paid £8m from its own funds and £52m from somewhere else. UEFA assumed that 'somewhere else' was ADUG whereas we showed it wasn't. But that was for the financial years 2013/14, 2015/16 and 2016/17 iirc.

Nick Harris made great play of the fact that the amounts involved over those 3 years meant that the Etihad deal was closer to £80m a year but hadn't taken into account that we got (I think) only £5m in the missing year, meaning it was around the £60m mark.

Last edited:
Just a general PSR question.
Can clubs not argue that the 105 losses threshold adjust due to inflation?
Not necessarily CPI inflation but the fact the clubs recieve ever increasing tv money plus increasing in competition prize money etc. That type of stuff is also inbedd into player contracts so more outlay for the club.

I can't see how we will lose if we are innocent, certainly not on the substantial charges. Personally if we are innocent I'm happy the club declined the offer if made. And if the PL turns into a kangaroo court and finds us guilty despite the evidence then fuck them, you should always stand up for what's right and your principals. It's them that won't sleep at night not those at City.

I can't even see how we can lose if the club is guilty. They just won't be able to prove it.

I did jury service about 15 years ago now, It was actually a murder case I was on, and despite more than half of my fellow jury members believing there was a good chance the suspect was guilty we just did not have enough clear evidence to find them guilty,

Also in between breaks of being called back into the courtroom ( of which there was a lot as the judge loved to call for a break every 2 hours lol) I got speaking to people on jury service on another case and some of them had lost there jobs as they had been on this particular fraud case for over over 6 months,
I’m quite certain that’s illegal in the UK mate, so someone may have been pulling your plonker

Just a general PSR question.
Can clubs not argue that the 105 losses threshold adjust due to inflation?
Not necessarily CPI inflation but the fact the clubs recieve ever increasing tv money plus increasing in competition prize money etc. That type of stuff is also inbedd into player contracts so more outlay for the club.
I'm pretty sure Villa tried that one not so long ago as they were close to the line, but were knocked back. Hence the creative deals they and others were doing towards the end of June.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.