PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This alleged offer from the PL of a six point deduction to end proceedings reminds me very much of Ceferin's offer of a small fine for admitting to a technical breach of FFP. Six points suggests that they haven't got anywhere near enough evidence to make the more serious charges stick, but it would lay us open to claims that we had admitted breaching the rules and that had we abided by them we would have won the PL twice at most rather than eight time. They've got, and deserved, the same answer as Ceferin.

This alleged offer from the PL of a six point deduction to end proceedings reminds me very much of Ceferin's offer of a small fine for admitting to a technical breach of FFP. Six points suggests that they haven't got anywhere near enough evidence to make the more serious charges stick, but it would lay us open to claims that we had admitted breaching the rules and that had we abided by them we would have won the PL twice at most rather than eight time. They've got, and deserved, the same answer as Ceferin.
Agreed. It would not be a matter of the points deducted total but of us admitting to being cheats. Being that we won 5 of our 8 Prem titles by a total of 6 points that offer is surely some cheeky way of diminishing our accomplishments further...

Last edited:
There was an article this morning stating that the Rags may invest £1.5 billion in a new stadium to replace the shithole, given they already have the best part of £1 billion of debt then this is a huge figure. Now I understand the argument that if all goes to their plan the increased crowds will help fund the project. But how is that any different to owner investment, our owners pumped money into the club with a medium term plan to grow the club, increase revenues and build the brand.

In essence how is it any different, both clubs wanting to invest for the future prosperity of the club but one is ok and the other leads to the shit storm we have had to endure.
The rules do allow investment in infrastructure and to be fair we’ve spent a shit load on infrastructure ourselves!

I don't want to start another thread, but how will you feel and what will you do if we're cleared of these charges.

The length of time this has been going on and the extent of abuse and shite found in the media and social media alike, it's going to feel fucking amazing to be let off. I reckon a commemorative shirt and a bus parade are the least we could do to mark it.

City need to go full Paddy Power and take the absolute piss. 115 special edition merchandise. Claim it's celebrating an anniversary when it clearly isn't. Khaldoon and Pep sat next to Lord Pannick wearing the shirt and smoking cigars.

Well I hope you are correct. I wasn’t being ironic. As Stefan says, in the corporate World companies settle all the time even when they are 100% innocent because they don’t want to take the chance of wrongly being found guilty. It’s just probability theory.

Maybe if it was cash rather than points we would have taken it.
In my career in liability insurance I have been involved in dozens, if not hundreds of legal actions. The vast majority of these cases (probably upwards of 90%) settle before they get to court. In my experience this is down to two things. The first is the uncertainty of the outcome in a civil case and the second, and by far the biggest consideration, is the cost of litigation. It’s often much cheaper to settle a matter than have it proceed through the legal process to trial and possibly appeal.

So far, it doesn’t look like either side in this matter are thinking about the uncertainty or the cost.

I don't want to start another thread, but how will you feel and what will you do if we're cleared of these charges.

The length of time this has been going on and the extent of abuse and shite found in the media and social media alike, it's going to feel fucking amazing to be let off. I reckon a commemorative shirt and a bus parade are the least we could do to mark it.

City need to go full Paddy Power and take the absolute piss. 115 special edition merchandise. Claim it's celebrating an anniversary when it clearly isn't. Khaldoon and Pep sat next to Lord Pannick wearing the shirt and smoking cigars.
I’ve got a bottle of champagne in the fridge chilling waiting for the announcement.

I want a 115 ticker countdown on the screens in the ground like we did after the Agueroooo moment. The club won’t do it though.

The club should also rerelease this seasons home kit with 115 on the collar. If the snide kit manufacturers knocked them out I’d buy one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.