PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I’ve got a bottle of champagne in the fridge chilling waiting for the announcement.

I want a 115 ticker countdown on the screens in the ground like we did after the Agueroooo moment. The club won’t do it though.

The club should also rerelease this seasons home kit with 115 on the collar. If the snide kit manufacturers knocked them out I’d buy one.
And give everyone in 115 block a barrister gown and wig to wear.

This legal circus makes a total mockery of the elite modern game. Surely, the PL will have been shown the bank statements that demonstrate that Etihad made the relevant sponsorship payments as per their contract with City. The PL will also have been given evidence that verifies the account holders for the relevant bank accounts for each transaction. Assuming that everything is in order, which must have been the case with CAS, what the fxxx are the PL up to? If this is the case, the PL are going to look more stupid that they do already. The sooner this circus is done the better.

I don't want to start another thread, but how will you feel and what will you do if we're cleared of these charges.

The length of time this has been going on and the extent of abuse and shite found in the media and social media alike, it's going to feel fucking amazing to be let off. I reckon a commemorative shirt and a bus parade are the least we could do to mark it.

City need to go full Paddy Power and take the absolute piss. 115 special edition merchandise. Claim it's celebrating an anniversary when it clearly isn't. Khaldoon and Pep sat next to Lord Pannick wearing the shirt and smoking cigars.
Will get another tattoo this time of Khaldoon with his middle finger up and 115 underneath

In my career in liability insurance I have been involved in dozens, if not hundreds of legal actions. The vast majority of these cases (probably upwards of 90%) settle before they get to court. In my experience this is down to two things. The first is the uncertainty of the outcome in a civil case and the second, and by far the biggest consideration, is the cost of litigation. It’s often much cheaper to settle a matter than have it proceed through the legal process to trial and possibly appeal.

So far, it doesn’t look like either side in this matter are thinking about the uncertainty or the cost.
Perhaps it’s the principle.

I don't want to start another thread, but how will you feel and what will you do if we're cleared of these charges.

The length of time this has been going on and the extent of abuse and shite found in the media and social media alike, it's going to feel fucking amazing to be let off. I reckon a commemorative shirt and a bus parade are the least we could do to mark it.

City need to go full Paddy Power and take the absolute piss. 115 special edition merchandise. Claim it's celebrating an anniversary when it clearly isn't. Khaldoon and Pep sat next to Lord Pannick wearing the shirt and smoking cigars.
Regardless of the outcome I don't think it will ever be seen as though we were fully cleared.

Even reading some of the allegations relating to Mancini (and the notion that if not serious fraud, then they might be time barred) makes me roll my eyes and whisper "here we fucking go....."

It won't particularly bother me, but that's mainly because I'll fight fire with fire.

However I do fear for some of our more vulnerable supporters who might struggle mentally with this incessant vindictive assumption-of-guilt witch hunt

That's why I cringe when people joke about Liverpool fans on suicide watch if City are cleared.

In my career in liability insurance I have been involved in dozens, if not hundreds of legal actions. The vast majority of these cases (probably upwards of 90%) settle before they get to court. In my experience this is down to two things. The first is the uncertainty of the outcome in a civil case and the second, and by far the biggest consideration, is the cost of litigation. It’s often much cheaper to settle a matter than have it proceed through the legal process to trial and possibly appeal.

So far, it doesn’t look like either side in this matter are thinking about the uncertainty or the cost.

I had a personal case & my solicitor told me 90% get settled without having to go to the hearing.

2 things stuck with me with his advice. Your case is too strong so they will make an offer even if late. You could lose for no other reason than the arbitrator takes a dislike to you.

Result was they made an offer 2 weeks before the hearing & I accepted cos I wasn’t taking that risk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.