PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Read it for free in the library (not helping to fund our haters).

I agree it’s not on as anti City as some articles but the tone is still is that our club is shady. There’s a half hearted attempt to say what’s wrong with club funding itself but then plays to the gallery by using Newcastle as an example.

We City fans have been treated appallingly by the red loving MSM. Joyful contemplating how our club could be ruined is the norm.

It’s hard not to hate these so called journalists.
References Newcastle AND PSG. The State-owned, dirty money play. He cites the Der Speigel e-mails with no context around our defence and mocks the idea of “irrefutable evidence” as mere legal trickery. As you (and GDM in more detail) point out its more appalling treatment in the MSM. The hysteria around the damage to the PL is bollocks.
If (when !!!) City win, all it will take is a few heads on spikes - and Khaldoon and Allison Brittain will kiss and make up and everything in the garden will be rosy again.

I am one of those who tries to keep up with this thread, but has to skim through because of lack of time, there is one question I would like to ask of the better educated here.
Take the scenario that City have been found guilty of some or all of the substantive "fraud" and "false accounting" charges, based on the flimsy evidence that we know exists, and the Commission uses the "balance of Probabilities" rule to get over the fact there is no incontrovertible evidence of guilt.
The club will obviously appeal if in this position, but my question is what would the other parties who have been tarnished by the verdict do, or what remedies would be open to them.
In particular I am thinking about the Audit firms involved in the whole saga, to the auditors their independence from their client is sacrosanct - they have now been found guilty of colluding with their clients to falsify records with intent to mislead other parties, I don't think this would go down well with these people, is there anything to stop the audit firms from suing the hell out of the PL ??? - I think not, and for this reason I feel that the Commission will only be able to find the club guilty if they can provide some serious new "smoking gun" evidence, the bar must be set very high.
But there may be factors I am not taking into account

If City’s auditors thought they’d been pulling the wool over their eyes for nearly over a decade. Their opportunity to stop working with City would have been way back in 2018 when the Der Spiegal articles were published. The fact they haven’t stopped working with City tells you all you need to know on the matter.

Read it for free in the library (not helping to fund our haters).

I agree it’s not on as anti City as some articles but the tone is still is that our club is shady. There’s a half hearted attempt to say what’s wrong with club funding itself but then plays to the gallery by using Newcastle as an example.

We City fans have been treated appallingly by the red loving MSM. Joyful contemplating how our club could be ruined is the norm.

It’s hard not to hate these so called journalists.
I think if we 'win' (depending on what that looks like) it could end the PL. We know that the media spin which is becoming ever more intense is that we will either be found guilty, or found guilty and get away with it on some technicality. I don't think I've seen any serious reporting that accepts or suggest we may be innocent. I think anything but a total guilty verdict will give the American owned clubs the excuse to flounce off to a super league. The new CL format is another tentative step in that direction. Obviously if we are found guilty, stripped of points/titles and all the other stuff of rag/dipper wet dreams we'll be heavily punished and the league can go back to their 1990s status quo.

What annoys me is that its often stated that City are paying Pannick, whos a KC, either £5K, £7k or £10K per hour depending what you read. However, its never mentioned that the PL have also employed several KC and their hourly rate is never mentioned
All part of the narrative of dirty money bags city - preparing the ground for implying we bought our way out of it.

This is a surprisingly decent read from our mates at the Guardian.

For those who don't want to click.

Surprisingly balanced for Ronay, but while one or two in the press have begun considering the possibility the allegations may not be proven, none of them are considering the huge obstacles in front of the PL if they want to prove their allegations, or the consequences for the people in the PL if they can't land a serious charge for their 30 million investment, in fact 40-50 million by the time they have paid some of City's costs. They are still peddling the "the emails are convincing" argument of the Magic Harris Hat which has minimal legal weight.

Anyway, there is that. And the fact that City is now an "arm of an influential nation state", apparently. I suppose it's better than state-owned, state-funded, state-supported and the rest but I have no idea what it means in the real world.

What annoys me is that its often stated that City are paying Pannick, whos a KC, either £5K, £7k or £10K per hour depending what you read. However, its never mentioned that the PL have also employed several KC and their hourly rate is never mentioned
That's just an extension of the constant quoting the cost of our squad when playing a lower league team in one of the cups.

I bet that narrative never saw the light of day when united played Barnsley.

This is a surprisingly decent read from our mates at the Guardian.

It isn’t, for all the reasons GDM so eloquently describes above. It’s a Guardian journalist doing what Guardian journalists always do when writing about City; present an entirely one sided narrative, sneer, reference state ownership, time barring and clever lawyers, and never entertain the possibility that we might not be guilty for a second. That offering of Ronay’s ticks every box……

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.