PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

You will be better declaring that you don't need a TV License too, which you can do on the TV license website below. Lasts for a year and then you have to declare again. Stops them mithering you. I suppose they can still send someone around to your property to check, but the amount of people cancelling I doubt they have the resource to investigate everyone. I've not had a license for about 4 years now and never had a visit or anything.

You must of had some letters, they never stop sending, I get 1 each month, never bother opening them but do collect them and put the date received.
Without counting I have around 20, must be 3 year now without a licence, gives me a nice warm feeling I contribute nothing to that disgusting organisation.

Would agree but he certainly isn’t stupid, as the article is quite carefully constructed to appear balanced - and the conclusions contained in there are superficially plausible.

He presents three scenarios. The first being that we are found guilty - because we are guilty and that the club will engage in ‘vengeful’ retribution following it. The second scenario is the we are cleared but it’s inevitably qualified on the basis that it could be a just outcome, but by implication may very well not be. And the third scenario, and one he posits as the most likely, is a middle ground and one that crucially involves an admission of guilt on our part.

There is a common theme running through those three scenarios, namely that the club has done something wrong, a view that is underpinned by his description of the emails as ‘compelling’ despite them manifestly not painting the full picture (how could they?) juxtaposed against his derision at the club’s deployment of the word ‘irrefutable’ to describe the evidence we have/had in our possession to rebut these charges, through the prism of a gratuitous and grossly exaggerated reference to the hourly rate of our leading counsel. Along with, of course, the obligatory and misleading reference to the time-barring of the UEFA charges.

And he finishes off the article to remind everyone of the wider geopolitical consequences of a finding of guilt - a worthwhile point but plainly designed to bolster the inference of that gult, given its location at the end of the article.

It’s a carefully constructed, but wholly specious work of sophistry, and whilst conspicuously better written than most of its ilk, is still consciously designed to project the unwavering position that the club must have acted dishonestly.

Maybe it has, it’s perfectly plausible, however unlikely, but it’s the absence of any suggestion at the possibility that the club has not, and what the consequences are that would flow from that (rather than us simply getting away with it) that has marked this wholly dishonest species of article for the last two and a half years.

He’s a ****!

Back to the settlement discussion, would you settle for no sporting sanction, no financial sanction, but seven asterisks?

:)
The thing that the football world & it’s envious biased fans have omitted to mention is that IF we are found guilty (unlikely) and IF we do get removed from the PL (what a loss to their brand) is that every PL title won without our presence will have:-

A BLOODY GREAT ASTERISK AGAINST IT - pointing out that the title was won when the best team in the land were PREVENTED from competing

Think they’ve all overlooked that aspect when they keep banging on (Camelgob) about putting asterisks against our past 10 years achievements

It works both ways

The media judge City on the principles of the medieval dipping stool test. If we drown we are innocent. If we survive we are guilty.

References Newcastle AND PSG. The State-owned, dirty money play. He cites the Der Speigel e-mails with no context around our defence and mocks the idea of “irrefutable evidence” as mere legal trickery. As you (and GDM in more detail) point out its more appalling treatment in the MSM. The hysteria around the damage to the PL is bollocks.
If (when !!!) City win, all it will take is a few heads on spikes - and Khaldoon and Allison Brittain will kiss and make up and everything in the garden will be rosy again.
Ronay is a massive racist

Allegedly

Can anyone get around the paywall?
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola during the UEFA Champions League, league stage match at the Etihad Stadium, Manchester. Martin Rickett/PA Wire.

It’s been a difficult week for English football. A shadow is hanging over the club I have poured my love into since 1969.

I fell for Francis Lee, Mike Summerbee and Colin Bell. My friends were George Best and Mancunian red but I was never lured by automatic success and after years of being underdogs, City now bark the loudest.
There is a special blend of satisfaction that comes with being a Manchester City fan. Having the best team in the world brings an unbridled sense of pride to those of us who feel a deep attachment to whoever is wearing sky blue with the City crest.
Over the last few years, Pep Guardiola has sculpted the perfect panel. Two, sometimes three elite superstars competing for every position. Their abilities leaving gifted gatherings elsewhere in Manchester, across in Liverpool and down in London floundering in their wake. This is perfection or as the headline writers say “Pepfection”.
It is a joy to watch. Sometimes they are flawless, often they aren’t, but on those off days they most usually excel in the end. There is a sense of confidence, desire and general workmanship alongside a wealth of natural talent that ensures these players are habitual winners.
Other great teams, especially those under the guidance of Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, have helped to make the Premier League the benchmark for global football but nothing equals the Manchester City formulae of the last few years.
It wasn’t always like this. In the late 1990s they were in the third division. City struggled but their fans never abandoned them and that loyalty was rewarded when our oil rich owners took control. They knew Manchester City had global appeal and now the club is a who’s who of soccer stardom. The Premier League is not only better thanks to the presence of this great club but it owes a debt of gratitude to those who drive Man City in the direction of total domination.
As we know, however, this is not the case. The League has levelled charges against the club on the grounds of financial irregularity and seem prepared to continue to pick at a scab until blood is drawn. The case, which started this week, will probably have no winners but one thing is for sure — the loser will be football. There may have been accounting errors or possibly something was lost in financial translation between the UAE and the UK but Man City bosses deny any wrongdoing and as a fan I am confident this great club will have its name cleared.
If for some technical reason a penalty has to be paid by City, then well and good but those making the decisions should give immense consideration to the damage they could cause to one of England’s greatest ever products.
Blighting the image of Manchester City would cast a blemish across the entire league. The eyes of the world will see envy and an absence of respect towards the club that built on the solid foundations of an excellent league and made it the greatest in the world.
Tampering with the lynchpin of this superstructure could see a collapse the English game might not be capable of surviving. Wise heads must make wise decisions and realise the Premier League needs the modern Manchester City more than anyone can begin to imagine.

The re-inventing of the game was planned and delivered at The Etihad. Every team at every level is now trying to play like Manchester City. Imitation is the ultimate form of flattery. This club should be loudly applauded, not roundly condemned.

If you got £100 every time you said “banana” and £10 every time you said “orange” you would say banana all the time.

This is social media and increasing regular media.

That’s all it is. You won’t change it so try not to keep saying “OMG look what they have said now” that’s what they want. Look at the length of this thread for your answer.

Footy is very tribal and rival fans are desperate to see us found guilty. There are more rival fans than City fans. The media write what is popular not what is true. You must know this by now, why get triggered? All it does is feed them.

Do you think, even if we had never been charged, that rival fans would not bait us? We are the number one target because we win everything. It’s off the scale because we are accused of cheating. If Forest were the best team England had ever seen, they would be baited. It comes with the territory.

This is the World we live in and it’s shit.

It’s all bananas. It’s not meant to be fair any more.

Enjoy the verdict.
I call them 'online football salesmen' as opposed to 'journalists'.

I think it a more accurate description of their jobs.

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola during the UEFA Champions League, league stage match at the Etihad Stadium, Manchester. Martin Rickett/PA Wire.

It’s been a difficult week for English football. A shadow is hanging over the club I have poured my love into since 1969.

I fell for Francis Lee, Mike Summerbee and Colin Bell. My friends were George Best and Mancunian red but I was never lured by automatic success and after years of being underdogs, City now bark the loudest.
There is a special blend of satisfaction that comes with being a Manchester City fan. Having the best team in the world brings an unbridled sense of pride to those of us who feel a deep attachment to whoever is wearing sky blue with the City crest.
Over the last few years, Pep Guardiola has sculpted the perfect panel. Two, sometimes three elite superstars competing for every position. Their abilities leaving gifted gatherings elsewhere in Manchester, across in Liverpool and down in London floundering in their wake. This is perfection or as the headline writers say “Pepfection”.
It is a joy to watch. Sometimes they are flawless, often they aren’t, but on those off days they most usually excel in the end. There is a sense of confidence, desire and general workmanship alongside a wealth of natural talent that ensures these players are habitual winners.
Other great teams, especially those under the guidance of Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, have helped to make the Premier League the benchmark for global football but nothing equals the Manchester City formulae of the last few years.
It wasn’t always like this. In the late 1990s they were in the third division. City struggled but their fans never abandoned them and that loyalty was rewarded when our oil rich owners took control. They knew Manchester City had global appeal and now the club is a who’s who of soccer stardom. The Premier League is not only better thanks to the presence of this great club but it owes a debt of gratitude to those who drive Man City in the direction of total domination.
As we know, however, this is not the case. The League has levelled charges against the club on the grounds of financial irregularity and seem prepared to continue to pick at a scab until blood is drawn. The case, which started this week, will probably have no winners but one thing is for sure — the loser will be football. There may have been accounting errors or possibly something was lost in financial translation between the UAE and the UK but Man City bosses deny any wrongdoing and as a fan I am confident this great club will have its name cleared.
If for some technical reason a penalty has to be paid by City, then well and good but those making the decisions should give immense consideration to the damage they could cause to one of England’s greatest ever products.
Blighting the image of Manchester City would cast a blemish across the entire league. The eyes of the world will see envy and an absence of respect towards the club that built on the solid foundations of an excellent league and made it the greatest in the world.
Tampering with the lynchpin of this superstructure could see a collapse the English game might not be capable of surviving. Wise heads must make wise decisions and realise the Premier League needs the modern Manchester City more than anyone can begin to imagine.

The re-inventing of the game was planned and delivered at The Etihad. Every team at every level is now trying to play like Manchester City. Imitation is the ultimate form of flattery. This club should be loudly applauded, not roundly condemned.
Thank you and what a very good read.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.