PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It's fucking astonishing that they are a Manchester paper.
The MEN is only the Manchester edition of the Mirror. It has hardly any dedicated local staff which is why it now consists of soap gossip, national news, articles from other Reach regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo etc.

Like much of the legacy newspaper industry it's on its arse with no print sales and collapsing online advertising.

Oh for fuck’s sake!

I’ve been flicking through YouTube shorts and i do not know why but stopped at a clip of Camelgob on a Rag channel saying
“I could have 2 more medals, which means 8 premier leagues, shine them up for me, shine up them medals”

Milking it and acting up for 13yro old kids like some gangster

He’s a ****’s ****!

For the love of god, please, please let us be innocent

I’d rather nail my balls to a sinking ship than let him have more medals

How many should be taken away from him and rags for drug cheating ?

Ronay is a knobhead. Nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is.
Would agree but he certainly isn’t stupid, as the article is quite carefully constructed to appear balanced - and the conclusions contained in there are superficially plausible.

He presents three scenarios. The first being that we are found guilty - because we are guilty and that the club will engage in ‘vengeful’ retribution following it. The second scenario is the we are cleared but it’s inevitably qualified on the basis that it could be a just outcome, but by implication may very well not be. And the third scenario, and one he posits as the most likely, is a middle ground and one that crucially involves an admission of guilt on our part.

There is a common theme running through those three scenarios, namely that the club has done something wrong, a view that is underpinned by his description of the emails as ‘compelling’ despite them manifestly not painting the full picture (how could they?) juxtaposed against his derision at the club’s deployment of the word ‘irrefutable’ to describe the evidence we have/had in our possession to rebut these charges, through the prism of a gratuitous and grossly exaggerated reference to the hourly rate of our leading counsel. Along with, of course, the obligatory and misleading reference to the time-barring of the UEFA charges.

And he finishes off the article to remind everyone of the wider geopolitical consequences of a finding of guilt - a worthwhile point but plainly designed to bolster the inference of that gult, given its location at the end of the article.

It’s a carefully constructed, but wholly specious work of sophistry, and whilst conspicuously better written than most of its ilk, is still consciously designed to project the unwavering position that the club must have acted dishonestly.

Maybe it has, it’s perfectly plausible, however unlikely, but it’s the absence of any suggestion at the possibility that the club has not, and what the consequences are that would flow from that (rather than us simply getting away with it) that has marked this wholly dishonest species of article for the last two and a half years.

He was beaten to two league titles by better players, not by ££££ notes, 11 vs 11, no referee bribed, no taking drugs (Wio).

The crucial part that no other clubs fans want to admit. Even if you say we're guilty of what we're accused of, none of that was 'direct' corruption. We have a game built on money and we spent money, and the only reason we've alledgelly fallen foul of anything is because they tried to shut up shop to stop us. Essentially what other fans and players do is fantastsize about what our team would look like if their rules had their intended consequences.

We put 11 legit players out against every other teams legit 11 players and we've dominated English football.

I've seen dozens and possibly hundreds of articles discussing potential punishments, but not a single reference to a specific sporting advantage that we might have allegedly gained, especially as we simultaneously failed (and were punished) for not meeting UEFA's early FFP requirements.

What definitely wouldn't have happened that did happen Mr Camelgob?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.