PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Nothing wrong with the high road, no matter how annoying it may be for us.

Edit: btw, I don't watch The Overlap because it was shit for morons when it started, it is still shit for morons and it will always be shit for morons.
I don’t disagree but these morons have a huge platform and the club should have nipped this in the bud early doors. You’ve got Spitty there acting like the Pied Piper and yet within the next few weeks, he will no doubt be welcomed into the Etihad to commentate on a game. It’s all wrong. Theres taking the high ground and then there just plain shooting yourself in the foot.

I don’t disagree but these morons have a huge platform and the club should have nipped this in the bud early doors. You’ve got Spitty there acting like the Pied Piper and yet within the next few weeks, he will no doubt be welcomed into the Etihad to commentate on a game. It’s all wrong. Theres taking the high ground and then there just plain shooting yourself in the foot.
I believe engaging with all that shit would be shooting ourselves in the foot. If our owners dare defend themselves they will be drowned out by the massive media hatred. The media have the bigger and louder voice. Facts and truth are the only way.

Other than, the hearing starting, the location being revealed, the impact of the press knowing about it, the make-up of each side's legal team, an explanation of that structure, its potential cost, the process of reviewing it, what happens in what order and how long it might take, nothing at all has changed.
Much of that was known beforehand and, frankly, isn't of interest to TS listeners who don't support City. They only care that things are underway and when City are going to 'get done'. Stefan does not get the airtime he both needs and deserves, so in essence all we are left with is Jordan regurgitating the same bollocks.

Last edited:
Not, if as our chairman says, we're totally innocent. We fought UEFA and won, though that wasn't enough for the media and trolls who still label us as cheats. 99% of these cretins are convinced of our guilt in this case. Accepting a settlement would still leave a cloud over us. It's now Armageddon time for us and a chance to once more clear our name.

Have to agree with this. The club has given no indication now or against UEFA that they were willing to settle and offer any implication of guilt.

The club genuinely believe they're innocent and are willing to fight this to the death. Settling for even a small points deduction pretty much admits some form of wrongdoing.

Sometimes saying nothing will piss them off more than replying.

To quote a couple of lines from a song called Art School on The Jam's debut album In The City

"And never worry if people laugh at you
The fools only laugh 'cos they envy you
"
That’s a possible flag

I believe engaging with all that shit would be shooting ourselves in the foot. If our owners dare defend themselves they will be drowned out by the massive media hatred. The media have the bigger and louder voice. Facts and truth are the only way.
I’m not advocating Mansour and Khaldoon being sat next to these clowns arguing the toss. I’m talking about our media and/or legal department reminding these lowlifes that City are in fact, at this very moment, innocent.

The only thing that really matters is that we clear our name but the idea that we have handled this well from an optics standpoint is nonsense. People come on here in their droves to celebrate a decent, fair and balanced article from the likes of Martin Samuel. Unfortunately, you can probably count those on one hand. The club should have made sure that these “friendly” articles were far more plentiful over recent years. If they had, maybe, just maybe, we wouldn’t be in a position where even if we win the case, the fallout wouldn’t be that we bought off a bent panel, or we won on a time-bar technicality. You know…the exact same fallout from CAS.

I salute all of you who can still listen to Talkshite. It isn’t broken, it isn’t bothered about being fair. It panders to the dumbed down masses who probably never go anywhere a football stadium. If you’ve been sacked for being caught as a lowlife at a MSM outlet, then Talkshite will offer you a job. The rest of MSM = Unexposed lowlifes, Talkshite = I got caught being a lowlife. I’m sure Huw Edward’s will be reading the news on there by Christmas.

I’m not advocating Mansour and Khaldoon being sat next to these clowns arguing the toss. I’m talking about our media and/or legal department reminding these lowlifes that City are in fact, at this very moment, innocent.

The only thing that really matters is that we clear our name but the idea that we have handled this well from an optics standpoint is nonsense. People come on here in their droves to celebrate a decent, fair and balanced article from the likes of Martin Samuel. Unfortunately, you can probably count those on one hand. The club should have made sure that these “friendly” articles were far more plentiful over recent years. If they had, maybe, just maybe, we wouldn’t be in a position where even if we win the case, the fallout wouldn’t be that we bought off a bent panel, or we won on a time-bar technicality. You know…the exact same fallout from CAS.
You know the second letters went out that the media would accuse us or trying to Act like a dictatorship like (UAE)

Don't think this is a fair criticism of the club really.

When you are accused of what we are accused of, with all the potential consequences that would follow from a finding that the charges have been proven, you concentrate on defending yourself in that process. Of course you can and should state your belief that you are innocent (assuming you do believe this of course!).

But in terms of the PR battle, the starting point is that we have no realistic legal threat we can make against the "City are guilty" brigade. And they know that. Lots of people have said the club haven't done enough here, but I haven't seen a single realistic suggestion of things the club could have done that would actually have made a difference (I've seen suggestions of things the club could have done, but those things wouldn't have made a material difference to the coverage IMO). Say for example we tried to ban Carragher from the Etihad...that might feel great. But he can still comment on our games. And honestly that would only make things worse. It would just feed the "City are cheats" narrative.

All this is known to the club, who have legal and PR advice of the highest quality on tap. There are reasons that they have acted as they have.

The time for a PR offensive on this is after the result of the hearing, not before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.