PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

You are missing the point.

It is a brief discussion that reaches different levels.

You are one level and Simon has reached you. You only care about innuendo and, in your words, bullshit slinging. There will be plenty like you.

There are a fair few other levels he can't reach. But Stefan can.

The two are targeting a completely different audience.
You're the one missing the point pal.

The level being addressed on a national radio station was the mass audience that heard SJ slaughter City with his I'll informed nonsense and Stefan not being given time to respond.

Not much point Stefan having all these levels if he's too polite to chip in with counter arguments.

And I resent your pompous tone and patronising attitude. It's possible to care about innuendo and bullshit slinging and still understand the issues.

The level being addressed on a national radio station was the mass audience that heard SJ slaughter City with his I'll informed nonsense and Stefan not being given time to respond.

Not much point Stefan having all these levels if he's too polite to chip in with counter arguments.

And I resent your pompous tone and patronising attitude. It's possible to care about innuendo and bullshit slinging and still understand the issues.
He did chip in with counter arguments, you just missed them it seems.

Not earning a living from Talksport I can promise you that!
You have said before that your media stuff is for pocket money and your enjoyment. It's surprising that people think that the appearance money from TalkSport and the other things you do add up to a salary.

Jordan back to being a **** again and peddling conspiracy theories about the panel. I’d also like him to explain what the inconsistencies were in the witness statements given to CAS.
How Stefan manages to keep so calm in the face of such confrontational bullshit is beyond me!
I'm surprised Stefan didn't bite back at the nation state/political pressure comments

Don't think this is a fair criticism of the club really.

When you are accused of what we are accused of, with all the potential consequences that would follow from a finding that the charges have been proven, you concentrate on defending yourself in that process. Of course you can and should state your belief that you are innocent (assuming you do believe this of course!).

But in terms of the PR battle, the starting point is that we have no realistic legal threat we can make against the "City are guilty" brigade. And they know that. Lots of people have said the club haven't done enough here, but I haven't seen a single realistic suggestion of things the club could have done that would actually have made a difference (I've seen suggestions of things the club could have done, but those things wouldn't have made a material difference to the coverage IMO). Say for example we tried to ban Carragher from the Etihad...that might feel great. But he can still comment on our games. And honestly that would only make things worse. It would just feed the "City are cheats" narrative.

All this is known to the club, who have legal and PR advice of the highest quality on tap. There are reasons that they have acted as they have.

The time for a PR offensive on this is after the result of the hearing, not before.
It’s all well and good saying we will do it after the event but this isn’t our 1st rodeo. We were cleared at CAS and what has the fallout been from it? The clubs PR offensive was to allow all and sundry to run a completely different narrative. We have literally been slandered left, right and centre for the years following and the club have seemingly done nothing to stop it.

Instead it’s left to our “media fans” to go on these shows to defend us but it’s like lambs to the slaughter. That scouser on the Overlap shouts in the City fans face “because you cheated” and not only does nobody in the room pull her up on it, the editors of the show obviously think it’s fine and leave it in the final cut.

If this is all a result of our legal advice…maybe we should be more worried about the outcome of the case?

Much of that was known beforehand and, frankly, isn't of interest to TS listeners who don't support City. They only care that things are underway and when City are going to 'get done'. Stefan does not get the airtime he both needs and deserves, so in essence all we are left with is Jordan regurgitating the same bollocks.
Why do you care about what TS listeners who don't support City think?

A lot of it was new to me. And that's with following this thread.

And take a breath mate!

I get it, it's hugely frustrating to hear SJIAC consistently slag us off and call us guilty.

But remember, it's a tribal sport. People don't need or want facts. Everyone hated the rags when they were successful, hated the dippers, hated Chelsea - the original money men. There's always going to be a reason to hate a rival. Stefan could easily get into an argument with SJIAC and win a few rounds for the City fans, but the wider audience will dismiss his points as bullshit because he's not saying what they want to hear. And he has the benefit of being on air when Stefan isn't and he'd get the knockout blow in then anyway.

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.