PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Don't think this is a fair criticism of the club really.

When you are accused of what we are accused of, with all the potential consequences that would follow from a finding that the charges have been proven, you concentrate on defending yourself in that process. Of course you can and should state your belief that you are innocent (assuming you do believe this of course!).

But in terms of the PR battle, the starting point is that we have no realistic legal threat we can make against the "City are guilty" brigade. And they know that. Lots of people have said the club haven't done enough here, but I haven't seen a single realistic suggestion of things the club could have done that would actually have made a difference (I've seen suggestions of things the club could have done, but those things wouldn't have made a material difference to the coverage IMO). Say for example we tried to ban Carragher from the Etihad...that might feel great. But he can still comment on our games. And honestly that would only make things worse. It would just feed the "City are cheats" narrative.

All this is known to the club, who have legal and PR advice of the highest quality on tap. There are reasons that they have acted as they have.

The time for a PR offensive on this is after the result of the hearing, not before.
I agree with all this and especially your last line:

"The time for a PR offensive on this is after the result of the hearing, not before."

If we were to go on an attack against individuals or media outlets and then the outcome is that we get found guilty of some of the charges and receive a points deduction - we are going to look really bad and probably be quite vulnerable to some counter claim

I just hope that (assuming) when we are cleared then we grow a pair and don't allow this shite to continue unchallenged

Last edited:
It’s all well and good saying we will do it after the event but this isn’t our 1st rodeo. We were cleared at CAS and what has the fallout been from it? The clubs PR offensive was to allow all and sundry to run a completely different narrative. We have literally been slandered left, right and centre for the years following and the club have seemingly done nothing to stop it.

Instead it’s left to our “media fans” to go on these shows to defend us but it’s like lambs to the slaughter. That scouser on the Overlap shouts in the City fans face “because you cheated” and not only does nobody in the room pull her up on it, the editors of the show obviously think it’s fine and leave it in the final cut.

If this is all a result of our legal advice…maybe we should be more worried about the outcome of the case?
That scouse girl is incredibly stupid and doesn’t do herself any favours in the way she spoke on the Overlap. She represents the intellectually challenged, living in a black and white world of thinking. Making comments like City might ‘get away with it’ and that City have ‘cheated for the last 10 years’ just shows her ignorance and lack of flexibility in her thinking. Unless, she has seen, read and understood ( I mean seriously lol) the case documents her conclusions are based on nothing other than hatred and jealousy.

Weren't they losing billions at the time of the first sponsorship? Not that it really matters. They were funded by one of the richest governments on the planet. If they were short of 40 million, they have never needed Mansour to chip in with his petty cash.
Mansour has no business interest in Etihad his half brother Ruler of Abu Dhabi Mohamed Bin Zayed Nahyan is the man in question

That scouse girl is incredibly stupid and doesn’t do herself any favours in the way she spoke on the Overlap. She represents the intellectually challenged, living in a black and white world of thinking. Making comments like City might ‘get away with it’ and that City have ‘cheated for the last 10 years’ just shows her ignorance and lack of flexibility in her thinking. Unless, she has seen, read and understood ( I mean seriously lol) the case documents her conclusions are based on nothing other than hatred and jealousy.
So desperate for us to fail so they won't look as stupid as they are

Feels like only yesterday the south stand was 2 tier and external roof looked tiny as the bowl is below ground level. Now that stand is huge and the north stand project. Wow.

The attendance was normal for a cup game but the amount of people doing the VIP thing blew my mind.

Coming away from the ground I did think what if this was all pulled out from under us. I know we should be confident of success in our case, but still.. it'd be catastrophic in so many ways. We wouldn't even be able to finish the work.

Anyway let's get it won off and on the pitch

Not a chance Khaldoon has said in the past "we took a pinch" and it won't happen again By accepting the offer it would mean we accept our guilt also the absolute opposite from our stance
100% this small fine or huge fine 1pt deduction or 100pt deduction we will always be called cheats it’s all or nothing. If they have offered us a deal (which I doubt) they know and Khaldoon knows we have them by the balls

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.