PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

For my own understanding, if we were to be expelled/relegated from the Premier league, why would we not go straight in to the championship? Why would it be League 2? The PL dont have say over the Football league do they?
If we were relegated by way of large points deduction, it would be to the championship.
If we are expelled from the PL we would have to apply to the EFL who could then decide where we go or even say they don't want us and we go to non league.

Last edited:
Here's a question. If the worst was to happen and we got relegated a division or two, which players would stay and which would go?

If they couldn't convict Greenwood with video proof and the victim bleeding..

I think you severely underestimate our chances considering we never admitted any guilt and innuendo and wishful thinking is not admission or proof of guilt.

If people really believe that this sport could survive effectively killing off its apex predator with rules and regulations designed to protect the teams we have taken over they need to think.

This isn't happening, if it did all the cunts that are left would be constantly looking over their collective shoulders waiting for the knife in the back.

In the nightmare scenario you describe surely our owners would just 'loan' the club a few hundred million like abramnovich did at Chelsea?
I imagine our owner would do whatever was necessary to keep the club going. However, I think this picture that some blues paint of we can go down, have a jolly old time in the Championship, then bounce back up and win the PL is LOTR and Harry Potter levels of fantasy.

I imagine our owner would do whatever was necessary to keep the club going. However, I think this picture that some blues paint of we can go down, have a jolly old time in the Championship, then bounce back up and win the PL is LOTR and Harry Potter levels of fantasy.

What do you think happens then? We get found guilty and it's a mass exodus the owner sells up and/or has to put up with 2nd division pies whilst the Etihad campus turns into neverland?

FIrst time post.
The thing is, pretty much every supporter has a view on whether we're guilty or not. Them that think we are have already marched on to punishment levels. The press sell papers to 97% non City fans, so it's inevitable that the flavour of content sits in line with their listeners or readers. We're on the other side of the fence arguing that we didn't, but really none of us have any clue as to how far we bent a rule, or overstepped or blatantly disregarded.
There's only one important question and I've not seen or heard anyone on it. Our innocence or guilt is irrelevant. The only question that we address at this point is whether the FPL can prosecute successfully.

Personally I think it's doubtful, since taking over the club have made so few mistakes that it's difficult to see them being sloppy if they considered what they were doing broke the rules at the time. It's not impossible of course - complacency affects everyone but if the club looked back in light of the charges and were worried, I'm sure we'd have seen a less bullish response and a very quiet negotiation.
Other club's label ours as sportswashing project and for the sake of this argument lets assume it is. Sportswashers are all about reputation and PR, this in itself suggests that we consider ourselves in a good place. The last thing the UAW royal family want is to be labelled serial cheats, City are such a small part of their portfolio - if there was any risk of this affecting the bigger picture - they would have sold up and walked pretty much immediately.
The other side of the coin. Id be disappointed if we were proven to be cheating. I'd be angry withe the clubs ownership for taking liberties, I'd probably even accept serious punishment. but it wouldn't actually matter - we'd stillplay football twice weekly and still have a laugh. Our grandkids might even get to see us win a trophy. Happy days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.