PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Why does flat horse racing get a free pass?
At the top level it is totally reliant on Arab money. They plough billions into it. The whole of the Goodwood Festival is sponsored by QIPCO who cough up £8m in prize money over just five days of racing. Never a peep or a squeak from the media about it. Never. Not so long ago the big snake Sheikh from Saudi was in the royal carriage with the queen at Ascot. If there is a sport that is ‘sports washing’ then it’s horse racing.
Not heard much in the media regarding the the Saudi national anthem being sang at Wembley with two British Boxers involved.

A minute passed. Then another. Then another minute.

Then ....... another minute passed. Then another minute, passed. Then another.

Another minute passed quickly, followed by a further minute, when, suddenly ....... a different minute passed. Followed by another different minute. And another. And yet a further different minute.

After a minute, a further different minute passed quickly past.

A minute passed. I glanced at my watch. It was a minute past.

This was it!

A minute passed. After a moment, another minute passed.

I waited a minute while a minute passed quickly past. After a minute, a minute that seemed to last an hour but was, in fact, only a minute, passed.
Why did you go and watch united then?

At the top level it is totally reliant on Arab money. They plough billions into it. The whole of the Goodwood Festival is sponsored by QIPCO who cough up £8m in prize money over just five days of racing. Never a peep or a squeak from the media about it. Never. Not so long ago the big snake Sheikh from Saudi was in the royal carriage with the queen at Ascot. If there is a sport that is ‘sports washing’ then it’s horse racing.
Never has a sport made such effort to keep outsiders from coming in.

'Jobs for the boys' all over the place, and no one willing to lose their gig by calling out allsorts of issues within the sport.

Rotten to the core, and I'm a huge follower of the sport.

At the top level it is totally reliant on Arab money. They plough billions into it. The whole of the Goodwood Festival is sponsored by QIPCO who cough up £8m in prize money over just five days of racing. Never a peep or a squeak from the media about it. Never. Not so long ago the big snake Sheikh from Saudi was in the royal carriage with the queen at Ascot. If there is a sport that is ‘sports

washing’ then it’s horse racing.

Brilliant point. Godolphin has been investing serious cash into its Newmarket stable since 1992 but the term "sportswashing" only seems to have entered the vocabulary post 2009. I wonder why that is?

Brilliant point. Godolphin has been investing serious cash into its Newmarket stable since 1992 but the term "sportswashing" only seems to have entered the vocabulary post 2009. I wonder why that is?
If Abu Dhabi were using City for sports washing then it’s been an absolute disaster as before City who had really heard of Abu Dhabi?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.