PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It’s possible Saudi are trying to change their own populations attitudes from the elderly ultra conservative to a more liberal attitude. Most of the ruling classes have lived it up in the West & then behave back home.

The bridge to Bahrain on a Friday night is full of revellers on the piss.
Thousands of Saudis drive over to Abu Dhabi and Dubai for weekends of great restaurants,bars and relaxation.

Saudi is the next coming place, their investment in high end tourism, hospitality and vacations is utterly immense.

They are introducing a soft western approach without destroying their culture.

The young are smart, tech savvy and will lead the countries development in the next 30 years.

You're asking the wrong question though mate. It's not why does racing get a free pass, but why is football being singled out.
It's not just football to be fair.
Boxing is getting bad press now that the Arabs have invested heavily.
LIV Golf also got a battering. The irony is that if the Arabs owned the rags or the dippers then, we would never hear a peep about it.

Well it was good whilst it lasted. #goingdowntotheconference

Haha this is quality, we have spent a fortune to fight this, denied everything and defended ourselves consistently. To turn up at a hearing and say, sorry we have no defence. Once more that private information has only been leaked to some bum on twitter. Gutted

It really annoys me when I hear that slogan used. Every nation going is "washing" their image through a combination of policies/investments. This country does significant business with Saudi Arabia which barely gets a mention. But should they try and invest in a football club, host a World Cup or promote boxing/football in their own country we suddenly have a huge issue with it.

There are complicated politics, which are largely none of our business. If they follow religious scripture as the basis of their laws - which condemn homosexuality for example, then who are we to judge. It wasn't that different in western countries that long ago. And some of them still have plenty of issues/objections to it within large parts of their population.

In terms of construction workers and the number that die on construction projects. One of the major contributing factors to that, which is never really mentioned, is people are lying about their skills in order to get the jobs. You've got people coming from absolute poverty in other nations and they're willing to do anything to get paid more money. They'll lie about their skillset to get those jobs, and it's not like England where we have extensive laws around construction and health and safety (which still get breached fairly regularly). That doesn't make it okay, and there's still so much more they could and should do to improve things, but it's a major factor.

It’s the arrogance/small mindedness of the white western world.
They assume the leading powers in the middle east crave their approval. They simply don’t.
I watched a documentary on one of the Saudi Princes and he was asked about LIV, the football and boxing. He said it was for his people. He was doing it for his people and to show them that Saudi can attract the best of anything. I assume it’s for many reasons, but i’d suspect it’s for national moral, a demonstration that anything can be achieved and a demonstration of an admiration of his people.

After all the UAE or Saudi don’t need any help attracting business, so what or why do we the west assume they want our approval.

It’s the arrogance/small mindedness of the white western world.
They assume the leading powers in the middle east crave their approval. They simply don’t.
I watched a documentary on one of the Saudi Princes and he was asked about LIV, the football and boxing. He said it was for his people. He was doing it for his people and to show them that Saudi can attract the best of anything. I assume it’s for many reasons, but i’d suspect it’s for national moral, a demonstration that anything can be achieved and a demonstration of an admiration of his people.

After all the UAE or Saudi don’t need any help attracting business, so what or why do we the west assume they want our approval.

They use the term sport washing to influence peoples opinions here, and it obviously works.

Well it was good whilst it lasted. #goingdowntotheconference

I don't do Twitter. But from the snippets I get on here Arsenal fans seem more obsessed than any other club on this, despite being uncompetitive and having nothing at stake if we are found guilty. Weird bunch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.