PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Week 4 of the Trial of the Century.

Let's imagine the scene in one of those plush suites inside the NDRC. We have PL Lawyer speaking and Panel Member.

PL Lawyer: My I refer the panel to Item 1, the alleged email from Mr Pearce on the 1 April 2012.
Panel Member: Is this the item you referred us to 12 times in week 1,18 times in week 2 and 28 times in week 3 ?
PL Lawyer: Yes, correct Mr Pearce's alleged email.
Panel Member: In relation to what charge is this concerning?
PL Lawyer: This is in relation to the grass cutting non compliance charge for 2013-2014.
PL Member: How ?
PL Lawyer: Let's not get too bogged down with any specifics of the email, as we believe it illustrates the malevolent disregard for the PL rules that permeated the executives of MCFC. An attitude of contempt for the rules which led to a complete disregard of the grass cutting regulations.
PL Member: Oh Christ Almighty, not again, what time is Lunch ?
You’re quite wrong. That is far too serious. The actual exchanges are more like:
PL LAWYER: I refer the panel to Der Speigel who had City bang to rights.
PANEL: That case was lost at CAS.
PL LAWYER: Oh was it? In that case look at this smoking gun.
PANEL: That is a water pistol.
PL LAWYER: Oh fuck.

It wasn’t much of a backtrack. Almost a throwaway line which the producer no doubt told him to mention that Bishop had said City could be innocent or guilty.

However, Bishop stated clubs should refuse to play City. Does he think they should refuse to play us if we are innocent ?

Stellings own words a couple of weeks ago were that City need the book thrown at them if found guilty, and if innocent then so be it !!!

And the ironic point of the day is that Bishop has today announced a gig at the Co Op live !!!

So where his income is concerned he has no problem taking money from a corrupt and hated business ?

Does that count as hypocrisy or just the normal dipper version of " integrity ".

Silly comment, as they clearly have no fucking concept of what that means !

I really hope the people of Manchester boycott John Bishop’s gigs after his poisonous tirade against City on TalkSPORT today. His comments saying clubs and rival fans should boycott games against City were despicable, especially as he lives in Manchester. His claim that: “There are 115 charges so we must have done something” showed him to be a total moron. It’s always funny when the mask slips from people like him.
Honestly up until this thread i didnt even realise that he was still doing gigs, i thought he had his brief flash of undeserved fame and fucked off into the richly deserved obscurity from whence he came and left comedy to the witty and intelligent people, ffs it wasnt funny when jimmy tarbuck and cilla black did it, it still isnt and it never will be.

And, fuck me, aren't there a lot of them .....
When football tribalism is in the mix, people are much more suggestible. They will believe what they want to believe far more than in other sections of their lives.

We are all guilty of this to some extent, myself included.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.