PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I don't really come in this thread because, to be honest, I don't really care. I only really care what happens on the pitch. I've supported City for 25 years. The success has been amazing but it's not a dealbreaker, or even that important. It's something I share with my mum and we've seen it all together. I can't really be arsed caring about the ins and outs of what happens between the millionaires and suits in our boardroom.

They won't strip us of titles because we've not been match fixing, so whatever happens will only have an impact on our future. The memories we've made will be preserved. And even if they relegate us all the way to the National League and all our players leave, they're all contracted so will need to be sold. It's not like a Rangers situation where the company collapsed and the players could leave of their own accord because their contracts expired by default.

Can you imagine the money raised by selling even half of this squad? We'd have the cash to build the best squad at every stage of the English football pyramid as we get promoted back to the Premier League within 3-5 years, ticking off some great milestones and visiting some cracking grounds along the way, and we'd be back in the big time after a memorable journey, surely breaking dozens of records along the way and coming back with a clean slate.

Something people don't understand is that we're too big to go away now. Even Rangers - in the dire financial straits they ended up in - were back in the top flight four years after going into liquidation. They were Scottish Cup finalists while still in the Championship and SPL champions again within nine years. They've won seven trophies (three major, four minor) since 2012 which is the kind of record we'd have dreamed of through the 80s, 90s, and 00s.

And my god, could you imagine if we win the league this year, get relegated down to the National League, eventually return to the Premier League in 2029, and still win the title again before United do? I've only just realised how funny that would be and how surprisingly short those odds would probably be as well, which would be a laugh on its own. So yeah, I just don't mind. What happens, happens. I love City; I'll always keep watching.

I don't really come in this thread because, to be honest, I don't really care. I only really care what happens on the pitch. I've supported City for 25 years. The success has been amazing but it's not a dealbreaker, or even that important. It's something I share with my mum and we've seen it all together. I can't really be arsed caring about the ins and outs of what happens between the millionaires and suits in our boardroom.

They won't strip us of titles because we've not been match fixing, so whatever happens will only have an impact on our future. The memories we've made will be preserved. And even if they relegate us all the way to the National League and all our players leave, they're all contracted so will need to be sold. It's not like a Rangers situation where the company collapsed and the players could leave of their own accord because their contracts expired by default.

Can you imagine the money raised by selling even half of this squad? We'd have the cash to build the best squad at every stage of the English football pyramid as we get promoted back to the Premier League within 3-5 years, ticking off some great milestones and visiting some cracking grounds along the way, and we'd be back in the big time after a memorable journey, surely breaking dozens of records along the way and coming back with a clean slate.

Something people don't understand is that we're too big to go away now. Even Rangers - in the dire financial straits they ended up in - were back in the top flight four years after going into liquidation. They were Scottish Cup finalists while still in the Championship and SPL champions again within nine years. They've won seven trophies (three major, four minor) since 2012 which is the kind of record we'd have dreamed of through the 80s, 90s, and 00s.

And my god, could you imagine if we win the league this year, get relegated down to the National League, eventually return to the Premier League in 2029, and still win the title again before United do? I've only just realised how funny that would be and how surprisingly short those odds would probably be as well, which would be a laugh on its own. So yeah, I just don't mind. What happens, happens. I love City; I'll always keep watching.
For someone who doesn't care, you appear to have given this a lot of thought :-)

For someone who doesn't care, you appear to have given this a lot of thought :-)
Haha! I guess I should say I don't care in the sense that I'm not worried about the outcome either way. All goes well, great. All goes tits up, fine. The same is true for the club - City will still be here tomorrow, regardless of the shape it'll take. I'm gonna enjoy the future of City whatever happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.