PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Be interesting to see their grounds of appeal, they lost on a point of law… no jurisdiction so really can’t see how they can reverse that. They look like an organisation that are really under pressure. Their response to the APT ruling was completely OTT.
I'd agree. It is as if they cannot be seen to be losing cases, but instead of taking stock and changing their procedures so that these cases don't go ahead unless clear breaches are evident, they want to whip the tribunal into acceptance. They are going to ruin any credibility they still have.

What if we're only guilty of paying Mancini from another account in the middle east.
Would anyone really care?
Are they going to use that to undermine Pep's achievements or talk about stripping titles?
If they do then it would make all United's trophy wins under Ferguson null and void, given that he received an off the books payment back in around 2004 so fuck 'em!

I'd agree. It is as if they cannot be seen to be losing cases, but instead of taking stock and changing their procedures so that these cases don't go ahead unless clear breaches are evident, they want to whip the tribunal into acceptance. They are going to ruin any credibility they still have.
Even UEFA weren't stupid enough to challenge the CAS verdict

I always assumed they were being “advised” or perhaps guided would be a better word, by a certain 3 or 4 of their member clubs, no?
Yep - and I have I heard it right that Arsenal took on the task of drafting some of the PSR/APT regulations?

Could be that Masters has just been a sheep following orders and they have got complacent due to their (the cartel+1 and Masters) confidence that they can just get anything/everything voted through with the support of other clubs

I always assumed they were being “advised” or perhaps guided would be a better word, by a certain 3 or 4 of their member clubs, no?

I would really like to know who is in the PL's Legal Advisory Group and who was in it in the years 2018-2024. I would imagine it's just the legal representatives of United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs maybe with or two smaller clubs so they can always outvote them?

The current kamikaze behaviour of the PL looks to me like the cartel clubs have no further use for the institution or masters, whom I presume they view as a patsy and sucker to lead the downfall.
Simply crash the lot as quickly as they can, then they can emerge from the wreckage as the saviours of English top flight football defying those awful middle-eastern types, who just want to ruin it for everyone, and destroyed the PL, and lead us to the promised land - the European super league with its attendant power and riches! (For them obviously)
Then watch the horror dawn on the faces of the fans.
Need the independent regulator to be in place asap and to have the power to prevent the formation of / participation in an ESL by EPL clubs

Last edited:
What if we're only guilty of paying Mancini from another account in the middle east.
Would anyone really care?
Are they going to use that to undermine Pep's achievements or talk about stripping titles?
What if you’re a unicorn ? No one can undermine pep and his team’s achievements.
That mancini’s payment can be twisted in so many ways if shove comes to push. You just dont hire pannick for nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.