PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I’m a 25 year qualified lawyer who has spent the last 10 years in active English litigation dealing with directly relevant matters including allegations of fraud, accounting irregularities, audit negligence and related cases. I’ve also got a fair bit of financial experience - thanks for noticing that too though.

That’s all fine and dandy, but according to age old BM tradition, you need to brush up on your music videos when you post updates. Thanks in advance

I thought he was a financial adviser rather than a lawyer and should be treated as a finance guy rather than a legal guy. That's why I ignore anything he has to says on legal matters as it is just a random person's point of view which usual is wrong. He's good at finances but that's his limitation
There's no way you're going to catch anyone with that.

There’s a huge amount at stake. At that level, if you want the best, in commercial terms, you’ll want to give yourself the best possible chance. So I get that. Totally.

Whatever it is, he’ll be worth it. Those guys, at the very top of the Bar, are on another level to the rest of the profession. Essentially the difference between KDB and Johnjo Shelvey.
Jonjo.

There is no mismatch in terms of legal teams and money spent. The PL are throwing everything at it and we need to reciprocate.
Yeah, I get that (although GDM will probably pull you up for use of “legal teams”!). The notion that the PL themselves can’t afford expert legal representation too is frankly laughable.

Was just wondering whether Pannick himself is genuinely the very best in the business, or if he’s just simply more high profile than his peers, such as Lewis. I.e. are the margins at that level less pronounced. To carry on GDM’s analogy, is it more like the difference between having KDB or David Silva.

There’s a huge amount at stake. At that level, if you want the best, in commercial terms, you’ll want to give yourself the best possible chance. So I get that. Totally.

Whatever it is, he’ll be worth it. Those guys, at the very top of the Bar, are on another level to the rest of the profession. Essentially the difference between KDB and Johnjo Shelvey.

Hair?

Yeah, I get that (although GDM will probably pull you up for use of “legal teams”!). The notion that the PL themselves can’t afford expert legal representation too is frankly laughable.

Was just wondering whether Pannick himself is genuinely the very best in the business, or if he’s just simply more high profile than his peers, such as Lewis. I.e. are the margins at that level less pronounced. To carry on GDM’s analogy, is it more like the difference between having KDB or David Silva.
There’s no difference: they’re all supremely intelligent and the best of the best. Pannick has won and lost some extremely “high-stakes” cases.
This will come down to evidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.