PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I honestly cannot understand why at this stage the PL went public with the charges and briefed the media before informing us. Surely they would go public after we've had a chance to reply?

Saw some Villa fans yesterday explaining that they have been affected most as they were a solid top 6 club and pushing for top 4 every year and then we came along and ruined it.
1990s aside, there was only 1 year they seriously pushed for top 4 following our takeover and that was 2008-09. As we'd only just been taken over and ultimately finished in a modest 10th place finish then it wasn't us that derailed their top 4 chances that season. They've only got themselves to blame for that. They were comfortably clear of Arsenal in 4th place at the back end of February. Then they played Stoke at home, were 2-0 up with 5 minutes to go, only to end up drawing 2-2, and from thereon in they totally capitulated and ended up only finishing 6th. Which is the same as where they finished the season before and the season after. Funnily enough, those 6th place finishes were off the back of heavy investment by Randy Lerner in the playing squad - they'd have been nowhere near those heady heights in those seasons if Deadly Doug was still their owner. Once Lerner reigned in the spending, they tumbled down the league table.

First, I post on here very occasionally and this minute because I am a helpful person acting in good faith. Second, I didn't say there was no appeal. I set out with the relevant references the appeal possibilities. Serious penalties are not serious irregularities. We have no route to appeal purely on the basis of serious penalties.

I'm well paid in my day job but if City do want to hire me, they can make me an offer. And then I won't be able to post on here.
yes you are correct. except you are arguing the wrong questions. most in the forum are not asking about that.

That's not exactly true, I think. We are on much better terms with UEFA and Ceferin after CAS and ESL than we were with UEFA and Platini. No reflection on Platini other than he didn't have the balls to stand up to the big clubs.

If we do get out of this relatively unscathed, and I think we will, then we may find our position with the PL strengthened too.
The PL comprises of all 20 PL clubs, as long as the majority are yank owned I suspect there will be no hugs and kisses being exchanged. If they do offer a hug I'd insist on seeing empty hands first.

Thanks for your posts. Unfortunately you have taken all my optimism away - not your fault - but I now think we’ve been well & truly shafted & the past 6 years are being wiped out
he has not taking your optimism away. you are misinterpreting his analysis. he is saying we cannot simply argue the punishment is too sever as long as it is in the agreed rules. we can though argue that the rules are not correctly applied as we agreed to. as long as we have a strong "serious" case. there is a difference to these two.

First, I post on here very occasionally and this minute because I am a helpful person acting in good faith. Second, I didn't say there was no appeal. I set out with the relevant references the appeal possibilities. Serious penalties are not serious irregularities. We have no route to appeal purely on the basis of serious penalties.

I'm well paid in my day job but if City do want to hire me, they can make me an offer. And then I won't be able to post on here.
Please keep posting projectriver as your experience and wisdom really helps people understand the complexities here. It’s really difficult to tell people what they don’t want to hear. We’re on here because we’re blues and these are emotional times.

mate that is a feeling but we cannot go to court with feelings. if we are wronged as per the rules we can go the court. the rules are pretty tight. the panel has to follow english law and the panel has to follow fairness and its own rules regarding that. if we think they are not then we can go to court.
Not clued up on this, but would any infraction of the law or rules have to meet a threshold before it could go to court, or is there a bit of leeway?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.