PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I've just listened to sly sports ( I know I shouldnt) about whether, if it came to the worst and City were thrown out of the Premier League would they be accepted into the EFL. They reckon that the EFL probably wouldn't accept City, from what theve heard. The more you dig into it the more it looks as if they are threatening our very existence as a club. Our am I being over dramatic there.
They're all full of shit, imagine the media interest boost & crowds we'd bring the the EFL.

I took away from it that it wouldn't be to set aside any punishment, but to go nuclear on the Premier League with what we have.
This is what Soriano should be saying in the next two days. Point a few fingers, drop a few hints about what we know, and see how they like sweating for the next few months. :)

That's not exactly true, I think. We are on much better terms with UEFA and Ceferin after CAS and ESL than we were with UEFA and Platini. No reflection on Platini other than he didn't have the balls to stand up to the big clubs.

If we do get out of this relatively unscathed, and I think we will, then we may find our position with the PL strengthened too.

I thought that UEFA were probably fairly happy with the City/CAS outcome - they'd tried as hard as they could which would placate any agitators, and didn't succeed.
Individual UEFA people and clubs may be unhappy, but UEFA as a whole would probably take the outcome.
There was also an exemplary fine for non-cooperation.

I think your second point has merit - any agitators will have burnt some of their standing and therefore be diminished for a while.
I expect a fine for non-cooperation here too!

Our owners have not let us down from the day one of the takeover. They are the best owners in the world.

People moaning about the corporate side, the tunnel etc…..they have had to look alternative revenues to help comply with FFP.

What gives me even more confidence with this latest attempt to return the top four champions league places to the cartel clubs is the amateurish and hurried way they have announced the process with the mistakes already detailed (referring to the incorrect rules due to them being renumbered etc)

It cannot be coincidental that 3 days before it was announced, Pep had a rant about the hateful 8 plus the white paper on regulation was just about to be released.

I also think because of our poor form they have seen an opportunity to deflate our season by timing this announcement which they hope will have an affect on the players which could possibly even leave us out of the top four, which could mean we lose our transfer targets, trigger the supposed champions league clause in Haalands contract etc etc.

But, as I said at the start, we have the best owners in the world with the best run football club in the world and if anyone can overcome this obviously blatant attempt to derail this juggernaut of an organisation…..its Khaldoon et al.

Can we appeal?, Can we not appeal? Blah, Blah, Blah!

The reality is that whatever that rule book says to one person, it does not necessarily mean the same to another. Remember, this is the organisation who couldn't even get the charges correctly listed for a heralded press release.

When it comes to points of law, I would put my money on our legal team, rather than defending the work of some office clerk at the Premier League, who, at the league's inception, probably just cut and pasted most of that rule book from a copy of her local weight-watchers group.

Remember too, City have been here and done it previously. The Premier League haven't and it's their arses that will be squeeking when we get to the business end of this process, not ours!

Last edited:
Cheers. Any good news is welcome. I started off thinking our club Will successful oppose this & win. But day by day that optimism is being eroded - the media does that!! The latest being that our transfer strategy is now going to be wiped out too!!

It’s hard being a blue but I’ll keep thinking about how I was at Gillingham final :). :)
Where possible, and I know it's hard, dump or minimise your exposure to the media. One golden rule - never watch the news first thing, sets the tone for your whole day. You will feel so much better.

It’s times like this I’m glad I’m not on any social media. All the ridicule is limited to work colleagues and passers-by in the street when I wear my City coat.

Also blanking all mainstream media. They despise us, can’t be arsed with the gloating. They’ve already delivered a guilty verdict and the public is lapping it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.