PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Spot on.

@projectriver input is great but he’s had a shocker here. City can and will challenge this in court if we don’t get the outcome desired from the premier leagues ‘iNdEpEnDeNt body’.

If City are briefing that this can go all the way, I doubt it comes from the PR team, it comes from the very top who, I imagine, have been communicating with Pannick these last few months. That's good enough for me.

Day by day? It was only announced on Monday, 48 hours ago, you're going to be a wreck by the end of the many months (if not years) of wrangling over this.
Haha. You’re right but I’m on holiday & have plenty of time (hourly!) to check my phone!

It's really wrong for people to keep calling these accusations illegal, especially on the part of the media who have been very careful to avoid drawing themselves into libelling city. City have done nothing illegal nor are accused of anything that is actually by definition illegal. The only thing that city have done allegedly wrong is in the context of the UEFA/PL rulebook which actually has no place in law.

Those rulebooks are drawn up by supposedly independent sports people who decide what the rules are based upon what they want to achieve. What they want to achieve by those rules is perhaps the most important question. This is why city have been charged by a sports body and the case will not be brought to a court but rather to a private hearing with the league's representatives. The good part of that is any outcome is possible as the league financially benefits massively from city/ADUG so they'll find balance difficult. We could well be charged with 100 things and found guilty but get no punishment at all.

In law terms, the league have already made massive mistakes in not communicating and even changing the charges brought against city which was seen in that statement. This in real life and real law would be a case breaker in itself as you can't serve multiple charges and change them as you see fit to achieve a look in the media.

City will likely take the end result to a real court to not only attack any decision on competitive grounds but they'll also challenge the rulebook on common law grounds which is how they appealed the UEFA charges at CAS. UEFA had to tone down their FFP rules in direct response to these legal challenges.

Anyone who really thinks that UEFA or the Premier League make these rules to ensure there is proper financial fair play are ridiculously mistaken. The rulebook was created as a form of control and to stifle the type of competition which threatens the established clubs because of the free market that clubs have to operate within. These big clubs have considerable influence and when their voice is added together they represent something bigger to protect than city.

It's ironic though because these clubs would destroy the free market in a heartbeat and most of the clubs bleating on about city wanted to create a European Super League to do just that. How many clubs were punished harshly for that? None, not a single one. They weren't punished because the league and UEFA would financially suffer because of the clubs involved so no action was taken, it's a complete joke.

The other clubs aren't rosy in comparison to us by any stretch either because just look at the ownership models of the likes of United and Liverpool. They have ultimate parent companies registered in places like Delaware and the Cayman Islands... How many grass roots clubs benefit from United being registered in the Cayman Islands to avoid tax? Financial fair play..... Really?
I don’t disagree with you as regards general rhetoric (albeit that @projectriver has explained pretty clearly why this is unlikely to ever find its way into a proper court, and he knows his onions), but I’m not sure what any part of your response has to do with my original post!

Don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere else, but if we are found guilty and banged to rights,then Manchester City FC will have let the fans down big time ,the shit I'm getting now will be nothing to what's to come, Please please City and the lawyers show the fuckers up for what they are, BENT BASTARDS.
3 words pal.

Badge of honour

Fuck them all

im on page 682, this is a very fast moving thread, a pretty important and serious thread,and we've got loads of comments about a made up fixture list, its hard enough to keep up without that bullshit littering the thread.
Or, in fact, comments made complaining about them. Or comments from me being snide about said comments, I suppose. I'll shut up.

I know you’re a City fan posting in good faith and you clearly have more knowledge on this subject than the vast majority on here. However, you are the only person I have seen anywhere say we cannot appeal to the courts. Surely a PL panel handing down a punishment, that can see a multi-billion pound business go out of business, would be something City could argue was “serious”?

Either your interpretation is wrong, or you are absolutely the top bollocks on this subject, in which case, I am wondering why you are posting on here and not being paid £80k per day by City to lead our case instead?
Love it!

I honestly cannot understand why at this stage the PL went public with the charges and briefed the media before informing us. Surely they would go public after we've had a chance to reply?

Saw some Villa fans yesterday explaining that they have been affected most as they were a solid top 6 club and pushing for top 4 every year and then we came along and ruined it.
Yes, we were the single reason they were relegated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.