PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This is brilliant. I'm writing my next missive for KOTK so have been going through the rule books to see exactly what we've been charged with, and it's clear the PL have fucked it up big time. For example, in 2011/12, they've charged us with a breach of Rule E11. That rule in the 2011/12 Pl Handbook says "Each club shall enter the FA Cup".

I've looked at a few others and it's a similar story. They've seemingly charged us against another rule which says that, except for televised games, all PL games will be played on Saturdays at 3pm.

It's an absolute fuck up.
Prestwich is this serious or are you just taking the piss ....I never know what to believe these days!!!

Martin Samuel has written an excellent piece on the subject (He’s left the Mail).
He now writes for The Times. It’s behind a subs wall but they have a flash sale on £1 for 3 months digital access.

we need either Soriano or Khaldoon to do a video interview in they are so confident we are innocent and start dropping in hints of dirt we will release if we indeed do have any? It would be then interesting to see if the media narrative changed from the joy we currently see?
Why would they do that? This is a serious financial and legal issue, what good would public posturing do? The lawyers will have been very clear, make an initial brief and clear statement then leave the rest to us

High Court is where this all finally ends.

It isn't just our Club future on the line here.

There is 50 Billion of UAE investment in UK on the line here.

There are politics that will come in to play.

Those Cartel Clubs might feel smug right now. Knowing full well they are going to win the "Battle" at Premier League Level literally "Match Fixing" the out come beforehand which they are very good at.

When this gets to the High Court they will lose the "War"

The Judges will be well aware there is much more on the line than our future.
Don't mention match fixing!

Basic error, mate. You’ve used Simon Jordan and think in the same sentence…..
This rubber faced little oink is sailing so close to the wind its unbelievable. After this is put to bed, I want us to ruin this vile little ****. There should be hours of slander to pick the bones out of. He's a horrible insufferable racist bastard !

the Der Spiegel emails also got chucked out as a conversation happened where the action actually didnt happen i believe?
Exactly, how many times are work email actions discussed but then not acted upon because of ABC? An email is not evidence of wrongdoing.

Agreed. We'll be made an example of. They wouldn't have bothered with a 4 year investigation if they didnt have strong evidence. The independent commission will feel pressure to throw the book at us.
Regarding the evidence, we really don't know the strength of what they have. Groups intent on a witch hunt don't need "strong evidence" to carry on with their vendetta. Look up the origins of the term "witch hunt" if need be.

Something nagging me. If the PL have used the latest handbook to list the alleged rule breaches, is there a chance that specific rules didn’t exist during the earlier years?

Is it possible that we have been charged with breaching rules pre ffp when those rules did not exist until after the introduction of ffp?

We've been charged with breaches as they were at the time as current rules don't apply retrospectively. Could this explain the discrepancies?

I remember during the UEFA investigation and more specifically in the lead-up to the appeal at CAS that I was concerned that this might be the case - that UEFA might just have something aside from what we were aware of that would have us bang to rights, given that the noises coming out from their end were that they were confident that the punishment they'd handed to us would be upheld at CAS. In the end it turned out that they didn't have any other evidence. Of course, that doesn't automatically mean that the PL doesn't have some damning evidence that we're unaware of. For example, yesterday it was suggested on here that perhaps they have the full trove of hacked e-mails whereas UEFA didn't. Initially I was concerned that this might be the case but the more I think about it, the more I think that if there are other potential smoking-gun e-mails that aren't in the public domain then how come Der Spiegel didn't run with those as well when they did their poxy hatchet job on us? In other words, the e-mails that Der Spackel did publish are probably just about the worst-looking of the lot.
and they were made up as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.