PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Sorry, who are you defending Bayern,VW or Leterme with a big list of allegations against him? That man is dishonest and has worked with the Qataris. Qatar Airways are still a Bayern commercial partner last I looked(official airline partner). Not sure how much of a motive that is though. That's more relevant to the PSG "mistake" when he somehow failed one of the biggest parts of his job: "Oh... So QTA is overvalued???... Must have missed that, sorry boss". I just don't think he can be trusted on his word. He has said the Premier League have a stronger case against City in general, seems far more vocal than he was about PSG(did he not comment or did he comment but nobody cared?), who were actually let off on a technicality.
Should also be questioned – how does he know the PL have a stronger case? Has he seen the case against us? Would be damning if so!

Anyone think the premier league may offer us a settlement

No. They’ve raised some of the most serious allegations in sporting history - footballs version of the RUSADA scandal.

This is not something you settle with a fine. Either the PL win big, or City win big.

I cannot be sure who actually knows stuff and what is supposition. I read in one article that many of the 110 PL Rules’ infringements are the same infringement repeated over 9-10 years, so possibly 10 offences x 10 years. If correct, disprove 1 you disprove 10.

If City have tried to circumvent any PL rules, then I’m surprised that, with all our resources, we have left a trail that PL auditors were able to uncover, unless, possibly, they got “insider” assistance.
It's all supposition to be honest as nobody here actually know what the charges relate to specifically. You are right about the domino effect on a lot of the charges though (IMHO).

Fingers crossed we have, I'd of thought we'd of leaked alot of things regarding other clubs after the uefa case especially at the hateful 8, so I don't think we have much on them personally.
As said yesterday I hope the reason we have been so passive on the media attacks on our club was not for reasons of fear.

What is stopping the Premier League handing out a very harsh punishment knowing full well it is unfair, but knowing it will appease the baying mob, at least initially. Will the punishment be deferred pending an appeal from City? Equally, what is stopping the appeal process from handing out an equally tough punishment knowing City will seek legal redress whatever that means. My main concern is whether the punishment is deferred and only implemented once all avenues have been exhausted? Does anyone on here actually know the process or are we all just guessing at the stage? I am assuming the latter.

Largely, yes. There's 49 charges to do with accurate financial information over 9 years, and another 31 to do with PL & FFP rules. So if the 49 fail, the other 31 probably do as well. The other 30 (yes, I've counted them) relate to non-cooperation and failing to act in utmost good faith over 5 years.

As someone said on Twitter, "100 Premier League charges, you'll never sing that".
I think, a song about our grass being too long would be quite good.

I realise that you’re getting bombarded with questions, so apologies for adding another! Is it really plausible that we would’ve been able to continually deceive/mislead a firm as credible as BDO over such a long period of time? Would it be pretty damaging to their reputation if this was all going on directly under their noses?
And not just City's, but all of the auditors of all the sponsors as well?

Reactions: Ric
The joke was that UEFA appealed to CAS against their own decision that PSG sponsorship was at fair value.
Wait, I misread that. That's confusing but I got there eventually. :)

I thought PSG were the ones who went to CAS because UEFA tried to charge them when they weren't able to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.