PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

We got thrown down to the bottom tier due mainly to lobbying from Celtic. This was for using a tax avoidance scheme and nothing to do with going bust. It was what became the ‘ sporting integrity ‘ campaign to deliberately damage us to the maximum.
At the time the club was in administration with nobody at the helm and thus vulnerable to attacks and demands from those who seeked to gain from it. We had no say or influence whatsoever in the decision to demote us.
City are in a much stronger position with powerful backers employing the best legal minds to fight the case, so it will be far more difficult for the ‘ red shirt ‘ trio to have their pound of flesh the way Celtic had with us.
That's a slightly biased view of Ranger's previous woes.
You were placed into administration and then liquidated because the tax avoidance scheme was illegal and you owed HMRC a heck of a lot of money, it was effectively HMRC who forced RFC into liquidation as they rejected (as did the vast majority of creditors) the CVA proposed by the club. As regards your claims about Celtic (who I have little time for either),that is not wholly correct either as it was the SPL league clubs who refused by 10-1 votes to allow you back into the SPL, not just Celtic.
You are certainly right about City though.

As others have said this is much bigger because they are saying we committed financial fraud for nine years, as PR said that’s huge!
If they decide we are fraudsters then I am sure that’s where we go nuclear out of necessity. Some who know better than me say legal action is not an option but to be found guilty of fraud over such a period is off the scale. They have entered uncharted waters and could be it blows up in their faces. Let’s hope so.

As I understand it though, and I may stand corrected, is that it's Civil fraud which is different from criminal fraud.

I've honestly no idea where it goes from here. The club have released their statement and I trust them, but the way it's all set up feels like right and wrong doesn't really matter here. If we could have went to CAS I'd have felt much more confident.

I think City should be vocally questioning the finances of some of the other teams. Chelsea under Abramovich and all that Russian oil money stinks, Newcastle and their mew owners, the way the Glazers took over the rags, the behavious of Liverpool fans (and their manager). Come on city, lets sling sone muck back
What I take from that video is that Carragher is even thicker than I thought he was.
I’ve not watched it but I wholeheartedly agree with you.

I’m avoiding all media, and taken the advice of people on here to smile and say “let’s see what happens” to all the no nowts that try and get a reaction.

There’s been enough positive steps to keep me relatively calm;

- Forthright statement from club.
- Inside snippets from Ric, TH, etc.
- the fact that they fucked up their release of information and the similarities with Uefa’s ‘efforts’ and ‘strategy’
- the fact we appear (because we are) prepared with the announcement of top drawer KC’s.
- we have Khaldoon, nothing about him displays anything other than a man who knows what’s needed and how to navigate to that point.

Hopefully we get treated to a defiant as fuck Pep in his presser tomorrow ahead of a big atmosphere and performance on Sunday.

Fuck the PL, fuck the red shirts and a special fuck you to sly sports and the media at large.

This will be a slow burner so let’s concentrate on supporting the team, finding some consistent form and leaking some big signings over the next few months to keep the piss simmering nicely.

I love the idea that Mancini shouldn’t earn x amount for consultancy work when, here at home this happens.

Boris Johnson has registered an advance payment of nearly £2.5m for speaking events, in his latest declaration of outside earnings.
It brings the former prime minister's declared income since leaving office last September to almost £4.8m.
He has previously recorded nearly £1.8m in speaking fees since his departure.

I don’t think they’ll strip our titles. How can they. It will kick off a massive shitstorm.

However we may have to accept an asterisk * next to the title wins if we get found guilty. I could probably live with that as we’d still officially be champions.
Fuck that!

As I understand it though, and I may stand corrected, is that it's Civil fraud which is different from criminal fraud.

I've honestly no idea where it goes from here. The club have released their statement and I trust them, but the way it's all set up feels like right and wrong doesn't really matter here. If we could have went to CAS I'd have felt much more confident.

Exactly, we know it's a stitch up and who's behind it, but the club can't come out and say that, certainly not yet. Pep has alluded to it numerous times in his press conferences by referencing the eight/nine and the letter. The worry for us as fans is there is no real appeal here. If that had been the case with EUFA we would have been banned for two years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.