PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

You are wrong! We will argue that these charges are so serious alleging illegal behaviour such as issuing false accounts, that the panel cannot find the charges proved merely on the balance of probabilities.
I think that argument would prevail.
I sincerely hope you are right.
I don’t trust that this investigation will use the standards of proof used in a criminal court.
That is not to say that I don’t believe our legal team will find a way to get this into a criminal court if necessary.

Can anyone describe what the heck " we go nuclear on them " really means ?
Could mean anything really, here's a few ideas;
Reputational damage corporate and individual
Loss of earnings (eg a sponsor withdraws etc)
Anti competitive practices (i.e the cartel)

Quite a bit of scope for some serious shit in my opinion.

It’s a good question, and one that makes me believe we won’t come out of this without some pretty heavy sanctions.

The consequences for the PL if this whole process turns out to be bollocks would be interesting to see. Could rip the entire PL apart. They cannot afford to be seen losing this.
Quite possibly it’ll be similar to the CAS outcome, we’ll be found guilty of failing to cooperate with the investigation, other charges will be unproven and both sides can claim vindication

You basically agreed with me then decided it was inappropriate. Ok fair enough. I just think like you the endless vile propaganda is exactly like the Nazi’s, you don’t start with murder, you start with smears and marginalisation, you condition your audience. Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.

You are correct reference propaganda being used for wider purposes.

I definitely meant no offence to you, just pointing out that the current predicament City find themselves in and the holocaust as a direct comparison is really not applicable.

We, everyone of us, need to be proactive with the media. Email them, facebook, Twitter, etc.
Get onto the media, hound them, don't take this quietly.
I've sent this, highlighting the investment in East Manchester, our best angle of attack.

To:gary.payne@telegraph.co.uk
Cc:sam.wallace@telegraph.co.uk,james.ducker@telegraph.co.uk

Wed, 8 Feb at 16:55

Dear Gary,

Further to the news this week that the Premier League has started proceedings against Manchester City F.C. organisation for alleged financial misdemeanours, please consider the following -

Will the Premier league be sending in the bulldozers to flatten the extensive urban redevelopment in East Manchester on the back of the Abu Dhabi/Manchester City investment? The creation of hundreds of affordable houses, sports facilities and community centres that have been built as a direct result of the Abu Dhabi funds. Thousands of Mancunians have had their lives uplifted as a result, whether City fans or inhabitants of East Manchester.
This very significant fact does not get mentioned in the Telegraph, conveniently it appears. Typically, this week in the Telegraph sports section, there were numerous negative reports/articles, outrageously pressing the case for the Premier League action to the detriment of Manchester City's very existence. There a complete absence of an explanation of the Abu Dhabi investment in East Manchester. Not one sentence on the benefits to the community, no other club has similarly invested as much in local infrastructure.

As for dubious club funding, there is Rwanda's authoritarian government's sponsorship of Arsenal F.C, a dark side example of hideous 'sports washing'. Millions of pounds of British tax payers money channelled through Rwanda back to Arsenal F.C. The Rwandan government of President Ruesasabinga cited for it's human rights abuses, torture and executions.
But it doesn't end there does it? There are few PL clubs that can claim to be whiter than white.
Liverpool's hacking the emails of PL rivals for confidential player transfer information. Also the club's unethical method of acquiring housing for Anfield redevelopment, allegedly.
Manchester United's debt loaded Glazer takeover, that's seen hundreds of millions of pounds sucked out of the Manchester United community into a Florida bank account. Today one only has to visit a dilapidated Old Trafford stadium to see the result of Glazer football club investment.

As for Chelsea, well look no further than Abramovich's background; close associate of Putin and Russian oil giant Sibneft.
None of the above PL clubs, Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea have invested as much in their local communities than City have done in Manchester; where thousands of people have had their lives uplifted either as football fans or as local residents.
Which model would a right minded PL prefer?

Respected football finance expert Kieran Maguire said: "If Man City are guilty, there have been accusations against other clubs and does this create a snowball? Certain clubs have been lobbying against Man City. Does this now create a vicious circle in the world of the Premier League where everyone is pointing fingers at each other."

But you will not find mention any of the above in the pages of the Telegraph. This serious matter requires objective intelligent journalism rather than subjective, biased and clearly ill-informed headline screaming.
As for the choice of reader's letters in the sports section, typically all letters reflect anti City views. Not one had a balanced view point. Again presenting a particular and obvious agenda.

The Telegraph should send one of it's reporters up to East Manchester to see for themselves how Manchester City's investment has transformed a community, enhancing the well being of the citizen's. An investment not funded by British tax payers money, not by toxic debt, not by nefarious property/share trading and not by asset stripping. Maybe then we might have some honest, factual and impartial reporting to read.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.