PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

We’re not getting our titles taken off us.
Sanctions available to the PL include unlimited fines, points deductions or, in extreme cases, expulsion from the PL. The PL has no powers to relegate us, strip us of any trophies or enforce a transfer ban.

f this is about image rights, which were about £17/18m a year I think, and we were found guilty, I'd say a very hefty fine would possibly be our punishment. If we were found guilty of deliberately concealing, say, £50m a year, then we'd likely face a points deduction, would be my guess. But that's purely a guess.

If we could show that the amounts involved made no material difference to our position under FFP or the PL's rules, then that's a completely different kettle of fish to a sum that would materially impact those.

We’ll win this case, take over the PL and expel the rags, dippers and Tarquins. Mark my words.
When we win the fall out wont be as big as predicted. All at the PL staff involved will be gone, replaced maybe even before the shit starts, if indeed if does.
Cunts at Rags and Dippers will be long gone too.

Too much going on for this to be a planned move by the PL.

Rush job to hit us with charges at 06:30 with certain media friends briefed. Mistakes made by them.

Gov. white paper delayed.

Interest in the Rags finally surfaces a day later and from the Middle East.

Pinto trial starts in April.

It's basically like a 6 part BBC conspiracy fraud drama, it's actually fuckin mental tbh.
No way the PL would have dropped this now without all the other shit going on, desperate move me thinks.
Their case would look ridiculous in the Summer when all this other dodgy stuff has played out!

Last edited:
There seems to a great deal of worry that we may not be allowed to appeal to the High Court. If we win we certainly will not be interested in appealing to anyone: if, however, we are found guilty of fraud I suspect we would be investigated by the fraud squad and if they considered there was a case to answer we'd be in the High Court if we liked it or not. If we were acquitted the PL would be in the mess, not us. Maybe we don't need to concern ourselves with appeals procedure!
Would be very interesting if we lost the case and then were referred to the fraud squad to investigate, what would happen if they then found no evidence of a fraud taking place?

Then the shit really could hit the fan for the PL

STOP COMPARING US TO RANGERS!!!

Rangers were investigated by HMRC for tax fraud essentially, they went bust due to no revenue and a huge litany of unpaid debts (including a face painter of all people!), they had to liquidate the entire company and re-register as a new company. This was entirely of their own volition and through decades of baffling and systemic mismanagement, personal debt transfer (Whyte) and asset stripping by a series of idiots and mercenaries. It's only by a very unusual quirk in the world of football that they were even allowed to re enter the Scottish professional league (realistically they had to or Scottish football was fucked).

IT IS NOT THE SAME

Last edited:
All this shit heightened when the spiegel shit came out, has anyone considered why we let Liverpool off so lightly with the database hack ? Are City about to blow the lot up ? Keeping our powder dry maybe?

Sanctions available to the PL include unlimited fines, points deductions or, in extreme cases, expulsion from the PL. The PL has no powers to relegate us, strip us of any trophies or enforce a transfer ban.

f this is about image rights, which were about £17/18m a year I think, and we were found guilty, I'd say a very hefty fine would possibly be our punishment. If we were found guilty of deliberately concealing, say, £50m a year, then we'd likely face a points deduction, would be my guess. But that's purely a guess.

If we could show that the amounts involved made no material difference to our position under FFP or the PL's rules, then that's a completely different kettle of fish to a sum that would materially impact those.

PB this is something I have been thinking.

If and it’s if as of course I have no idea we have inflated, hidden or whatever and they prove it.

This may be something that allowed us to not breach CL FFP and if these can added on we do…

However was PL a lot more easier to pass and as such even with these on we could still have passed PL FFP.

Is this a possibility?

Rangers were investigated by HMRC for tax fraud essentially, they went bust due to no revenue and a huge litany of unpaid debts (including a face painter of all people!), they had to liquidate the entire company and re-register as a new company. This was entirely of their own volition and through decades of baffling and systemic mismanagement and asset stripping by a series of idiots and mercenaries. It's only by a very unusual quirk in the world of football that they were even allowed to re enter the Scottish professional league (realistically they had to or Scottish football was fucked).

IT IS NOT THE SAME

Correct

Rangers were investigated by HMRC for tax fraud essentially, they went bust due to no revenue and a huge litany of unpaid debts (including a face painter of all people!), they had to liquidate the entire company and re-register as a new company. This was entirely of their own volition and through decades of baffling and systemic mismanagement and asset stripping by a series of idiots and mercenaries. It's only by a very unusual quirk in the world of football that they were even allowed to re enter the Scottish professional league (realistically they had to or Scottish football was fucked).

IT IS NOT THE SAME
Yet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.