PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Sorry If this has been asked previously, but who picks up the cost of all this, If we win, do we claim costs off the Premier league, because If this dude of our charges £80,000 an hour, and If this takes 4 years to complete, together with him and the rest of his team could run Into Billions In costs, If so could this bring down the Premier league.
He’s not working nine to five for four years

You might be talking about a meeting a month for a couple of hours or a couple of video conferences a month

1. Put pressure on PL to act by putting clubs up for sale. Fear of independent regulation. No intention of selling. More money to be made.

2. PL act with flimsy case but independent regulator staved off for now

3. Revive Super League

Orchestrated and designed to keep the red shirts on the money trail.

The charges against City are a diversion imho with no real chance or expectation of being proven. But they serve their purpose

Agree with all of that except from the last paragraph. When the accuser, in this case the PL, have a say in who decides if there's proof (balance of probability) and the people deciding don't even need to be legally qualified, I'd say there's an expectation it will be proven, somehow. The greatest carve up sport has ever seen.

Sorry If this has been asked previously, but who picks up the cost of all this, If we win, do we claim costs off the Premier league, because If this dude of our charges £80,000 an hour, and If this takes 4 years to complete, together with him and the rest of his team could run Into Billions In costs, If so could this bring down the Premier league.
Pannick is on £5K an hour, which equates to £400K a week apparently (gutter press figures) - the 'article' these figures are lifted to was banging on about how he earns more than KDB per week.

Increasingly I’m thinking the major outcome will be the non-cooperation fine. Possibly augmented if some of the financial charges stick. No expulsion (relegation is impossible) and no points deduction. They will hit us with the biggest fine possible under whatever circumstances. What strikes me as sad about the whole business is that City under Sheikh Mansour’s ownership seems to have made so few Alliances or positive connections amongst their peers or indeed the Premier League, the FA and much of the media given we have been a big player for 12 years and the most successful club in England over the last decade. Our owners and top team are foreigners and outsiders so perhaps cannot penetrate the “networks”. Maybe with Garry Cook and Marwood were still around things might be different.
Considering that Liverpool somehow swerved scandals like allegations of players involved in match fixing, Heysel etc, Arsenal also with George Graham’s bag of cash etc I think many of us are being too pessimistic about the shit sticking to us for all time.
I feel much better than I did on Monday.
Fuck the lot of em ,they are nothing but jealous racist ignorant bastards with hatred running through their veins .
While are owners go about their business with silence ,honour & respect .
We have the best owners in the land, remember that .
We should just react like Millwall fans do ,no one likes them but they don't care what anyone thinks about them or their team.

“We’ll hit City on the Monday, and on the Thursday we’ll announce the new super league with its own financial regulations so that fans will be more interested in joining”

View attachment 68555
Is there a possibility those running the new ESL have joined forces with the PL ? It’s quite clear they want a piece of the PL pie, with all the changes proposed in this new plan it looks like the two could run harmoniously. That could be a very worrying development for City

Haha, I’m the same…..got another one for you, what if our ownership are playing a massive game of poker with the PL ? Something along the lines of not playing ball with the investigation, in the hope they come for us, with the image of the old antagonists in red shirts hanging in the background, now that would be enough to piss off the average blue (nearly a thousand pages on ere) and lean us towards another go at a ESL, I’ve seen the comments & slight softening on Bluemoon this week. One things for certain, there’s a massive shift going on in the background and don’t think our owners aren’t all over it, the politics are playing out in front of us and football is heading for big changes, I’m expecting another big piece by Martin Samuel before the end of next week when a few more of the jigsaw pieces fall into place
The post you replied to and yours nailed it for me. Our charges were rushed out to get ahead of this and the government report. It's bloody obvious, the Premier League's statement full of mistakes proves that part from them that they rushed it, then a couple of days later this comes out. Nothing suss at all apparently.

Give me a break, the game is in a fight with itself, and has been for years. Now it's about to get really dirty on all fronts.

Quite, and he who laughs last, laughs longest.
He wouldn’t have bought it in the first place if he’d listened to some of the negative nonsense on here!
Our fan base has always had a huge percentage of doom merchants, most of them sat in the Maine Stand at Maine Rd or they were called Colin Shindler ;

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.