PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This a witch hunt. The causes of the Salem witch trials came about as the result of a combination of church politics, family feuds, and hysterical children, all of which unfolded in a vacuum of political authority.

This could be translated in our case to football politics, football team rivalries, and hysterical fans along with poor leadership/political vacuum at UEFA and the Premier League.

Just a thought...

1. Put pressure on PL to act by putting clubs up for sale. Fear of independent regulation. No intention of selling. More money to be made.

2. PL act with flimsy case but independent regulator staved off for now

3. Revive Super League

Orchestrated and designed to keep the red shirts on the money trail.

The charges against City are a diversion imho with no real chance or expectation of being proven. But they serve their purpose

Sorry If this has been asked previously, but who picks up the cost of all this, If we win, do we claim costs off the Premier league, because If this dude of our charges £80,000 an hour, and If this takes 4 years to complete, together with him and the rest of his team could run Into Billions In costs, If so could this bring down the Premier league.
We didn't seek damages or costs after CAS gave their decision.

If that was due to the technical guilty verdict on non-compliance I don't know. I don't consider us to have been found guilty but I suppose it's a loop hole to stop us claiming.

I guess the song for us has already been written.
Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you
And by now, you should've somehow realised what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now
And backbeat, the word is on the street that the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before, but you never really had a doubt
And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how
Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall
Today was gonna be the day, but they'll never throw it back to you
And by now, you should've somehow realised what you're not to do
And all the roads that lead you there were winding
And all the lights that light the way are blinding
There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how.
CTID CTID I know I am I'm sure I am I'm CTID.

Call me paranoid, but the timing of the Super League announcement isn’t at all suspicious. We may think some mental theories us blues, but could the PL have rushed through these charges as they knew the Super League would eventually come back in a reformed way and they’re trying to protect their product by keeping the likes of United and Liverpool on their side?

Sick of all this bullshit to be honest, it’s corrupt to the core.
Haha, I’m the same…..got another one for you, what if our ownership are playing a massive game of poker with the PL ? Something along the lines of not playing ball with the investigation, in the hope they come for us, with the image of the old antagonists in red shirts hanging in the background, now that would be enough to piss off the average blue (nearly a thousand pages on ere) and lean us towards another go at a ESL, I’ve seen the comments & slight softening on Bluemoon this week. One things for certain, there’s a massive shift going on in the background and don’t think our owners aren’t all over it, the politics are playing out in front of us and football is heading for big changes, I’m expecting another big piece by Martin Samuel before the end of next week when a few more of the jigsaw pieces fall into place

When you see the media this morning

Is that how Shanghai Port's transfer spend in 2017 went from an average of £15m-£20m per season to £127m that year? This 'coincidentally' included buying Oscar from Chelsea for £60m. They also bought the Hulk for £55m.
Where did they get the money from especially considering their stadium holds 16,000.
The Way of the Roman

You only have to read the leaked emails to understand how people can come to the conclusion that in those early years the club could well have used related party sponsorships to drive revenue to circumvent FFP. But to PROVE that in a court of law is exceptionally difficult. ADUG as an owner of various Abu Dhabi companies has every right to invest in those companies however they wish, and those companies can also choose to sponsor football clubs however they wish. How can you prove that entirely legal transactions in their own right are not legal or in good faith when strung together?

Unfortunately the PL isn’t a court of law but the escalation route to challenge this no doubt finds its way there. If this is the extent of the charges then you can see how the club is confident it can successfully overturn this. Beyond that, I haven’t read enough of the emails or charges to see what other things are out there.
Luckily there are plenty of examples of similar action from other clubs. Arsenal and Emirates, a loss making nationalised company, springs to mind. Emirates gov pays their budget, some of which goes to Arsenal as sponsorship.

For me this is the absolute worst case scenario, even to the extent that stripping of titles is preferable.

We are, according to our latest accounts, the club with highest turnover (£600m+) in the world. Yet we made just £40m profit on that figure. If we get relegated and lose Prem TV money, as well as CL money, we are royally fucked and a fire-sale will ensue. I think best case in this scenario is it takes years for us to come back to anything like our current level and even that would take a whole lot of luck.
Hold on to most of the squad and it becomes one financially-duffed season, straight back up on record numbers, and then one more less-than-ideal financial season, then back to normal business.

There wouldn’t need to be a huge fire-sale. Just need to convince people to stay, some would bite, others less likely. And hey, we wouldn’t even be bound by the PL FFP rules for that season, ironically.

First day back in work today since all this broke, full of rags all sticking the knife in. How i got out of the office without twating one of them I will never know.
Attitude: Couldn't give a shit.

Irony: United fans bleating about a club with money winning things because they have money.

United were key to every change that fucked up football finances. Stopping sharing gate receipts, the PL carve up, the CL expansion, changing FFP from it's original focus on debt to 'pulling up the drawbridge', the Super League failure. They're even now lobbying for stitch ups for the PL to cement their power.

They've tried everything and we're still the best. This is just another pathetic throw of the dice.

It’s not the first time an organisation has paid over the odds to sponsor United though. Chevrolet did exactly the same thing which resulted in the person from their side in negotiations losing their job. Why does it keep occurring?

They are still a massive draw for shirt sponsors. Those kits will be worn all over the world. From China to America. Getting your companies logo on that shirt is definitely worth ££££. Especially if you are a company that wants global exposure, not just UK or Europe. And if you are a global company, you have got the money to spend.

If you think about it, there are not that many brands that have that sort of global reach. Take the NY yankees for example. Nobody is wearing their merch in India, SE Asia, Africa etc.. Same goes with the Chicago Bulls or the LA Lakers. A football shirt is global. And that is why the sponsorship deals are enormous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.