PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I don't know about anybody else but reading this gave me a warm fuzzy glow.
Was a fantastic read, you know you're onions woody.

So the premier league are looking for a smoking gun but all they see is a water pistol.

Fuckin A.
They may have one but UEFA didnt.

If they have one, I’d expect them to have shown City and for City to have rolled over and come to an agreed punishment in private and a collective statement.

They didn’t. Hence unless PL are charging City without showing their evidence (highly unlikely and highly unfair frankly), they are charging us with little to no evidence or based on evidence City think they can debunk.

Either way, if the club is truly confident then I see no reason not to be.

Ric - how do you think I feel? Another four fucking years of trawling through handbooks, toolkits, legal judgements, working out what they all mean and trying to make sense of them for City fans.
On a serious note, I thought your conversation with Jon Northcroft during Covid was exceptional. You explained everything in a clear and cogent way, which greatly enhanced the understanding of many supporters. To his great credit, Northcroft renounced his initial skepticism and congratulated you on a job well done. He spoke for many of us.

Oh come on ffs. You have got to be kidding?

I’d be like if a robber commits a crime and gets arrested for it without much evidence but then the people who grassed him up fancied doing a robbery too, so those in power, who were the grasses mates, quickly changed the law to make it legal in order to suit the grasses.

Perfectly fair because the robber broke the law but the latter didn’t right? Absolutely reasonable behaviour. You can’t pick and choose when laws stand or exist in order to suit an agenda.

Isn't that life though? Some are punished and some aren't.

Fuck the law. Lie, cheat, steal, kill, smoke weed, don't get dead.

What you mean by this?

The exact charges against City are already known in detail.

The Athletic, for example, has even analyzed each of the 105-or-so charges against City and have lumped them into 4 broad categories: 1) most are apparently due to accounting practices with regard to sponsorships; 2) the second set of charges are related to alleged improper compensation for Mancini; 3) the third category of charges involves the license requirements to qualify for play in European football; 4) and the final category is due to City's perceived obstruction of the investigation into its finances.

Well, I could have told you all those would have been issues last week, apart from the UEFA licensing I suppose, that wouldn't have occurred to me.

What accounting practices re sponsorship, for example? The value, the funding, the policies used, the bookkeeping, the question of related party, or ten other options. If it's just the value, the funding or the related party narure I doubt we have much to worry about having been cleared once. How can anyone say this is a serious issue warranting expulsion or points deduction without knowing the details?

Mancini? What contracts were there, who paid what, where and when, were taxes paid, where and when, were services performed, for who, when and at what value, any inter-group transactions to settle, who ultimately bore the cost? No details, so we can't say how serious it is.

I could go on.

And I will if you encourage me. :)

We don't know who voted which way, we only know that all 3 were deemed to be fair and impartial.

The point is not that City had a man on the board, it's that at this level people are grown up enough to know everyone's going to have tangential connections somewhere in a small industry and it doesn't get in the way of doing their jobs fairly.
A small industry? It’s f**kin giant

So yesterday Simon Jordan wants the book thrown at us
Today (talking about Qatar and united) he believes the rules should be rewritten to allow owner investment
hmmm….
Someone said on here the other day that he's a United fan - apparently he even entertained Pete Boyle in an exec box at Selhurst Park at a Palace v United fixture some years back (and probably sucked his cock into the bargain!) which would explain a lot.

Oh come on ffs. You have got to be kidding?

I’d be like if a robber commits a crime and gets arrested for it without much evidence but then the people who grassed him up fancied doing a robbery too, so those in power, who were the grasses mates, quickly changed the law to make it legal in order to suit the grasses.

Perfectly fair because the robber broke the law but the latter didn’t right? Absolutely reasonable behaviour. You can’t pick and choose when laws stand or exist in order to suit an agenda.
But that’s not right either

Laws need to change at some point to match the environment they apply in

We’d all be living by the Old Testament laws if that were the case

am i right in thinking this all boils down to non cooperation? the PL wants us to give them evidence of us inflating sponsorship paying players and staff through other companies etc and we are saying that non of this excist? and basically they are saying it does through old hacked emails? or maybe i am just reading it all wrong?

So yesterday Simon Jordan wants the book thrown at us
Today (talking about Qatar and united) he believes the rules should be rewritten to allow owner investment
hmmm….
Let's invite him to a game with a seat in the South Stand lower tier and see how he gets on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.