PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

A small industry? It’s f**kin giant

mmmm well, as football fans we have an inflated view - the PL is estimated to contribute roughly £8bn to the UK economy per year. conisder the soft drinks industry is ~£15bn and many other industries dwarf it. The coverage it gets is completely disproportionate to its worth, but it's entertainment and has a very heavy cultural legacy. It's not that massive in terms of personnel either, at the very top.

Oh come on ffs. You have got to be kidding?

I’d be like if a robber commits a crime and gets arrested for it without much evidence but then the people who grassed him up fancied doing a robbery too, so those in power, who were the grasses mates, quickly changed the law to make it legal in order to suit the grasses.

Perfectly fair because the robber broke the law but the latter didn’t right? Absolutely reasonable behaviour. You can’t pick and choose when laws stand or exist in order to suit an agenda.

No, it's like countries voting to legalise weed after decades of increasing criminalisation.

The laws exist as they are and have to be followed. That doesn't mean you can't support legalisation or overturning the current law.

Or see prohibition in the USA as an even more appropriate example. Someone saying "we tried prohibition for 13 years but it's not working", doesn't mean they have to support forgiving everyone who was convicted for bootlegging over the last decade.

This whole "the rules were stoopid so who cares if we broke them?" attitude belongs in primary school, it's no defence or excuse. Either you follow the rules you willingly signed up to or you try to change them through the allowed means.

City never tried to change the rules, which means they had to follow them. That's why these charges are so serious if we're found guilty.

Well, I could have told you all those would have been issues last week, apart from the UEFA licensing I suppose, that wouldn't have occurred to me.

What accounting practices re sponsorship, for example? The value, the funding, the policies used, the bookkeeping, the question of related party, or ten other options. If it's just the value, the funding or the related party narure I doubt we have much to worry about having been cleared once. How can anyone say this is a serious issue warranting expulsion or points deduction without knowing the details?

Mancini? What contracts were there, who paid what, where and when, were taxes paid, where and when, were services performed, for who, when and at what value, any inter-group transactions to settle, who ultimately bore the cost? No details, so we can't say how serious it is.

I could go on.

And I will if you encourage me. :)
Consider yourself encouraged pal

Hold on to most of the squad and it becomes one financially-duffed season, straight back up on record numbers, and then one more less-than-ideal financial season, then back to normal business.

There wouldn’t need to be a huge fire-sale. Just need to convince people to stay, some would bite, others less likely. And hey, we wouldn’t even be bound by the PL FFP rules for that season, ironically.
I think alot would leave tbh

No, it's like countries voting to legalise weed after decades of increasing criminalisation.

The laws exist as they are and have to be followed. That doesn't mean you can't support legalisation or overturning the current law.

Or see prohibition in the USA as an even more appropriate example. Someone saying "we tried prohibition for 13 years but it's not working", doesn't mean they have to support forgiving everyone who was convicted for bootlegging over the last decade.

Individual, in terms of Jordan’s position though. Surely there’s no defending that? This guy has been totally against owner investment labelling us a Frankenstein club. Now it’s Utd he wants a rule changed and that’s ok?

Individual, in terms of Jordan’s position though. Surely there’s no defending that? This guy has been totally against owner investment labelling us a Frankenstein club. Now it’s Utd he wants a rule changed and that’s ok?

He's against City because he thinks we broke the rules. The rules he (presumably) was having to run his club by during the same period. He's got good reason to think we broke the rules as well, the emails look damning, the PL has enough evidence to charge us.

That's why this judicial process is important to everyone.

mmmm well, as football fans we have an inflated view - the PL is estimated to contribute roughly £8bn to the UK economy per year. conisder the soft drinks industry is ~£15bn and many other industries dwarf it. The coverage it gets is completely disproportionate to its worth, but it's entertainment and has a very heavy cultural legacy. It's not that massive in terms of personnel either, at the very top.
The question wasn’t revenue but in unrelated parties. The number of people who work in football and it’s many arms and legs, vastly dwarfs the energy drink industry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.