PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I’m assuming it would be the EFL Championship, and I didn’t claim we’d keep hold of every single player.

However, we absolutely could keep a decent number on in the Championship for one season, blitz the points and GD records to bounce straight back up.

Maybe Haaland, maybe not. It would be a call for the club to make. Be easier to convince players with an emotional connection though, such as the man himself
IF we were expelled then we would have to apply to join the football league so it would be league 2

I'm being serious when I say can this and the other post be pinned?

It explains how fanciful the implications of the charges are.

If what they are charging us is true it would be government/international agencies investigating us, not a 3 man panel at the PL.

The damage is still done regardless.

The discussions around this team, should be, are they better than Pep's Barcelona team. Was the centurions team the best ever, was the 98pt team better than the invincibles, is Haaland the best striker, etc etc. Instead, it will be should they get to keep the titles or play in this league etc.

We were, but that move was led by the clubs at the top, which we simply weren’t one of at that time. Everyone else *had* to agree, I.e. not so willingly.

The formation of the EPL was also just one part of the picture. It was the beginning, but there’s a difference between a restructured top-flight and what we have now as mentioned in my last comment

In fact, the ones who led that decision are the very same clubs who formed the cartel

I get that,but when the PL was formed,with it's all singing and dancing cheer girls,which we had on our very first game,and sky were claiming the start of a new era,we,or shall I say the club,knew this was a cash making cow to be part of.

We all sort of knew back then,that we were pretty shit,compared to the "elitist" clubs,but as naive as it sounds it was because they had bigger grounds,and crowds,therefore getting more money in.

Sky had sort of promised,that they would be helping all clubs coffers with the TV rights money,and to be part of it in 1992 was music to chairmens ears.

Now as we became a yo-yo club,we evidently missed out on that sort of income every season,and through bad boardroom politics of course.

As City fans we knew that trying to get into the top 6 was an achievement in itself,as we'd never catch the top clubs.

Fast forward to 2008 when things started to change,and through one thing or another we find ourselves,still at the top of the pyramid,but I'm very concerned at what has been going on behind the scenes,and I won't rest easy until liccle Citeh's name is cleared.

We beat the cartel,well on the pitch we have anyway

So yesterday Simon Jordan wants the book thrown at us
Today (talking about Qatar and united) he believes the rules should be rewritten to allow owner investment
hmmm….

I already suggested yesterday that the PL pushing the charges represents a difficult situation for them as it suits the outgoing parties, not the incoming ones.

We all know that the American owners have lobbied long and hard for action to be taken to ensure they have to invest the bare minimum in their ‘franchises’ and so can extract maximum dividends.

With the Qataris most likely buying United and Middle Eastern investors likely to buy up Liverpool, along with Newcastle being owned by Saudi Arabia, the prospect of the case against City establishing strictly applied guidelines against ‘owner investment’ going forward would be challenged hard.

As said, Qatar’s first day at United would entail ripping up all their existing long-term commercial contracts with partners like Saudia, Visit Malta, Emirates Bank, to replace with Qatari state projects at 5x the price. Renaming Old Trafford the ‘Visit Qatar Stadium’ for £20m a year isn’t going to sit well with them…

The fact that this will drag for years could well work in City’s favour with the side pressure the new arrivals will be putting on the Pl.

I still can't quite believe this timeline.

It made sense when Stefan was talking about appeals going up to the high courts, but for a PL panel? It just doesn't really hold up.

I don't think it can be overstated how bad it would look for the Premier League to be in 2027 arguing about things that happened in 2008 from an investigation that started in 2018.
Well it took them 4 years to get to this, without our piles of evidence . So it wouldn't surprise me if we are talking at leat a couple of years.Unless of course they take one look at our evidence and say the charges are dismissed and fine us for non cooperation and wasting their time.

Last edited:
This is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I think a lot of people on here are not aware how serious some of these charges are and the consequences IF we are ultimately found guilty.

This , again in my opinion, has gone way past certain "historical" clubs and jealousy.

By taking this huge step, the Premier League have passed the point of no return, and if they have made a huge error in judgment they are legally screwed and it will cost them 100s of millions in damages because our "brand" has suffered a huge damaging blow, and that is fact.
Its either them or us who has made a HUGE error in judgement. You're acting like the club doesn't have a world to lose. So you're telling me we built a 4 billion pound glass house just waiting to be smashed at the drop of a hat. Well its nowhere near that simple. You can think people are underestimating the Prem's position and I can tell you you're underestimating ours. We shall see.

I still can't quite believe this timeline.

It made sense when Stefan was talking about appeals going up to the high courts, but for a PL panel? It just doesn't really hold up.

I don't think it can be overstated how bad it would look for the Premier League to be in 2027 arguing about things that happened in 2008 from an investigation that started in 2018.

Well, you know the owners take a long-term view :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.