PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Liverpool FC. Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

Never a truer phrase spoken!

Spitty is a prime example.

When Carragher is giving Richards a tough time on this, Richards needs to turn it round on Carragher and ask him how ashamed he was of Liverpool for what they did with City's scouting database. That happened and is proven. The media brushed it under the carpet, but we don't have to. I like Micah but I doubt he'd rock the boat by doing it, which is a shame as his colleagues are shameless.

Likely giving good reason for a Gov to decide they cannot self regulate.
Whereas, if they go through the whole shebang and it turns out we are indeed confirmed as clean, they could then point to the fact that...

...due process was followed and that there weren't 10 years worth of aberrations that they missed..,so no need for any further regulation thank-you, we are keeping a clean and fair house just fine by ourselves.

They move on safe we move on, status quo returns...

If there's no independent regulator it never will.

Fair and equitable regulations imposed from without are (usually) put in place so that the weak are not at the mercy of the powerful, that's true in all walks of life. Without effective rules, the logic of power dictates that those with power command and those without obey.

A semi self governing organisation like the PL can circumvent this to an extent, by making regulations from within, like FFP, that are drafted by the powerful and in the interests of the powerful and then get everyone inside the PL tent to sign up.

That's what's happening here, any dispassionate observer can see that whether City broke or did not break the rules is, to some extent, immaterial, because the rules are ridiculous, they actively discourage inward investment and are clearly in place simply to maintain the supremacy of a greedy cartel of favoured clubs.

Nevertheless the whole pantomime will rumble on, costing many millions of Pounds and whatever the conclusion the real outcome is, don't mess with the cartel.
Do you think that there may be some confusion at PL as to whether their panel should be its usual unfair when handling City matters or more fair than usual to impress the Gov?

I think there's a fairly good chance we did what was described. It's not impossible they didn't, but if the club genuinely did none of the things they're accused of they could have ended these investigations much sooner and spared themselves a lot of reputational damage and stress. At best they're living in gray areas and blurring the lines between what's allowed and not and gambling they'll get away with it.

But I didn't think UEFA could prove it and I don't know how the PL expect to either.
I agree that it's not impossible but I'm minded of the CAS statement that with all the witnesses put forward, it's unlikely they were all lying.

And I keep going back to the fact that there was never any need for Mansour to make up the shortfall in the Etihad payment when the money was always accessible from central funds. Why risk so much doing the former when the latter was always an option and a safe option at that?

Maybe the reason City were still fined by CAS for not cooperating with UEFA gives you the answer. Perhaps if City had co-operated and provided the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence to UEFA at the outset, no case would have been required and no ones time would have been wasted?

Perhaps City wanted their day in court and still do now
City refused to cooperate with the UEFA investigator as they accused him of leaking information, they went to CAS to ask that due to UEFA breaking their confidentiality rules the investigation should end, the case failed but the view was that they had gone to CAS expecting to loose knowing it would highlight the leaking for the big CAS case
The fine for non-cooperation that UEFA levied was £50M but CAS reduced it to 10 as they accepted City's reluctance to cooperate but since City had admitted to it they had no option to fine them guilty but considerably reduce the fine

Got the day off today, so am going to settle down with an afternoon of 9320 podcast, and the city twitter spaces.

The joys of life.

I think I've reached the stage, whether we're found guilty or no, it doesn't really matter and isn't worth stressing over.

It's gone way past that stage, this is now a fight for the serious players, hence Lord Pannick, and as Tolmie has hinted, a guest appearance by no other than HRH Sheik Mansour, I would love to be a fly on the wall when he rocks up in his Saville Row finest and some no mark from the PL accuses him off cooking the books, a true popcorn moment.

He gets his suits from the same place as Hans Gruber, another Blue!

Whereas, if they go through the whole shebang and it turns out we are indeed confirmed as clean, they could then point to the fact that...

...due process was followed and that there weren't 10 years worth of aberrations that they missed..,so no need for any further regulation thank-you, we are keeping a clean and fair house just fine by ourselves.

They move on safe we move on, status quo returns...
I agree see post above.

Given the new announcement regarding ESL, Perhaps the prem are pushing ahead to stop the hateful 8 from backing it. If the prem can nobble us to appease them?

I appreciate the ESL replaces the champs league but how long would it really be before the domestic leagues suffered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.