PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Whatever you want to say about the club, they write a hell of a statement. That's proper galvanized me and hopefully does the same to the squad. We are at war - well, at least as close to war as you can get in football.

Now is the time for blues to stop going to away games. Stop giving these clubs any of our money. I understand there's loyalty etc but we always sell out allocations and spend plenty. And if you can bear it sack SKY and BT off too. Hit the sponsors too where possible.

Back here after a bit of a lay off, this development is interesting, unsurprising and potentially
very bad for us, but the Club's statement reads like they're getting well pissed off with the inference,
and can't wait for the independent commission to finally put this shit to bed. This could well be
an attempt to portray no concerns using bravado whilst bricking it, or it may be that they're quietly confident. I've no idea, but the PL announcing it at this time is telling, they know it will affect recruitment, and they're desperate for Arsenal, who are the originators of the drive to install FFP into the league, to win it.

It’s taken them 4 years to do this and apparently we were still breaking the rules whilst investigating im not sure even we are that stupid! Anyway at least I’ll get an away ticket after all the youngster and tourists have fucked off.
Still breaking the rules by our ongoing refusal to bend over and let them fuck us up the arse, presumably, rather than 'further' illegal payments.

They don't want us, they like the Sheikh's dosh too much. Unsuccessful would be enough for them
That's a weak statement that suggests we have been caught on the back foot. What usually happens in these sort of disputes is that both sides' lawyers agree to be open and transparent with each other. I find it hard to believe that City didn't have an inkling of this move in advance. The body language of Pep and the players in recent weeks gives a clue surely. If we really are "surprised" then we have been ambushed the the PL.
I don’t think they mean they are surprised that the charges have been levelled today, catching them out. More that they are surprised they’ve levelled charges at all given the cooperation and submission of everything they’ve asked for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.