PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Just maybe that “article” about the Arsenal man ( the name has gone ) chairing proceedings, is nothing more than him backing out, because said person sees his integrity going out of the window if he’s the leader of the pack in what could very likely be a dead duck, by all accounts- Masters has gone into full ostrich mode- and as TH said earlier - Masters has pulled the pin out of the hand grenade and said over to you. It just feels like nobody has got the spoons on the other side to see this through.

I can guess what's happened over the last few years. The cartel clubs were hanging their hats on us getting a ban from UEFA, at which point the PL would also presumably have charged us. The PL claimed to be investigating in 2018 but probably did fuck all of any note. Once the UEFA case was chucked out by CAS, Plan B went into operation, which involved the PL starting to dig around.

They could only go on the stuff that Der Spiegel published but the Etihad stuff was probably off the table. All they really had was the time-barred stuff, Mancini's contract and Fordham, which UEFA knew about a few years earlier but having spoken to us weren't seemingly too bothered about.

So they've got some bits and pieces, but they're pretty weak and I suspect the PL legal advisors have told them this. But Masters has a problem, as the cartel clubs are on his back. For a while it looks like Arsenal are going to win the league and it looks less obvious than bringing charges when we're ahead. So after we lose to Spurs, urged on by Levy on behalf of the cartel clubs, they insist on sticking the boot in. Masters, like Ceferin before him, really doesn't want to do this but he's under pressure. So his way out is to agree to bring charges he knows have little or no hope of success.
Would make a lot of sense , seeing as it’s been ramped up now that Arsenal dropped the ball on the field - it’s no coincidence that it’s been ramped up against us ever since arsenal saw their own arse on the pitch.

I have a simplified view.

Found guilty because the premier ignored the evidence or interpreted the evidence illogically and with extreme bias or found innocent due to the “irrefutable evidence” apart from non co op. The finding won’t be made public unless it suits both parties. Stitch up can be taken apart after the tribunal.

Premier can claim they had to investigate and come away with a bloody nose.

Only winners are the red teams who pushed this view.

If you stop and think about this, this was never intended to run the full course and get points deducted or us thrown out of the league, the ramifications are so complicated and self destructive towards the PL

I suspect it was an attempt to tarnish and diminish the clubs achievements', just a huge smear against the club pushed by the usal and I guess unusual suspects
I honestly think it was an attempt to boost the perceived value of the two red scums for any potential sales.

If you stop and think about this, this was never intended to run the full course and get points deducted or us thrown out of the league, the ramifications are so complicated and self destructive towards the PL

I suspect it was an attempt to tarnish and diminish the clubs achievements', just a huge smear against the club pushed by the usal and I guess unusual suspects
Exactly. Even complete acquittal of the PL charges would be ignored by the like of Harris and his ilk and will be clung to like Linus' blanket by fans of United and Liverpool.

The PL won by simply making the charges and will move on after a slap on the wrist for City.

I think Pep definitely got told something along the lines of what Tolm said this afternoon. For him to say come on Premier League get a move on he knows we hold all the aces, he knows it.

And for that shithouse chairman of theirs to say he's washed his hands of it he has defo felt the heat from all directions, maybe the penny dropped when he watched Sheikh Mansour meeting Charlie and shaking his hand. I'm sure he was watching the TV thinking he looks familiar that chap, really familiar.......GULP!!!

He's shit his pants has that lad.

And for that shithouse chairman of theirs to say he's washed his hands of it he has defo felt the heat from all directions, maybe the penny dropped when he watched Sheikh Mansour meeting Charlie and shaking his hand. I'm sure he was watching the TV thinking he looks familiar that chap, really familiar.......GULP!!!
"Mary! This guy on the telly. What was he in again?"

I think the Arsenal line is the gallows humour, we’ve all said things as a joke.

I like Noel, his dry whit & very quick but I couldn’t believe what he said to Simon & it’s clear he’s got no response to the FFP allegations, very few have unless your on here constantly.
That was my immediate thought when I read it in his voice: "I told them they're better off supporting Arsenal. City will ruin your life :/"

I still think that complement to Simon was an in joke for Noel's City friends to laugh at if they were listening. Maybe I'm being too kind there. He said he likes Frank Warren too which gave Simon a hard-on and made me feel sick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.