PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Everton intend to appeal the sanction, & are claiming the effect of COVID & continued lockdowns for their losses.

Government Ministers have just weighed in urging the immediate introduction of an independent regulator & to suspend the 10 point deduction whilst Everton appeal.

Sports Lawyers are saying it's highly unusual for a ruling like this with an immediate appeal, leading to an immediate points deduction.

They've pointed to cases in Italy, Turkey & the Football League where the points deductions were stayed, pending the outcome of an appeal, & they're questioning the haste the points have been chopped. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
Hopefully the PL have fucked up again and are about to be made to look stupid again... further shrinking their credibilty and strengthening our case

Everton say straight away that they will appeal

But I've read multiple times that there is no facility to appeal if we are found guilty

Which is it?

They can appeal to another "independent" panel and then, finally, they can appeal again, on certain limited grounds, to a real 3 man tribunal, one chosen by each party and one chosen together. Like CAS, but within the PL framework.

I’d laugh at Everton but I’m worried the PL will go after us even more determined to make up a punishment. We had better make sure we have a completely water-tight defence.

I still don’t understand though how Everton, or us, or Chelsea can be under such scrutiny when there’s a club with over £400m of actual debt yet it’s immune to criticism and continues to spend hundreds of millions a year on new players. Can anyone explain to me why that’s considered ok?

If debt is ok, why couldn’t Everton just borrow say £250m to pay off the deficits that they’re being punished for? Then they could argue they’re only in debt not making a loss, which evidence from a certain club in red suggests is ok.

I genuinely don’t understand.

I don't have the figure but allowable losses for UEFA FFP are far lower than PL FFP. Breaching one doesn't necessarily mean you've breached the other.
Ok cheers, I thought it was the other way around (UEFA > PL)

A convicted murderer gets 20 years, therefore another man, accused of murder or a lesser “crime” must get 40 years and forego his trial.

Makes sense.
Exactly.

This is the stance taken by media f**kwits like Jordan, Delaney et al and the internet warrior cretins filling social media.

In asking what punishment will be visited upon our club on the back of today's pronouncement regarding Everton, these barmpots are making a link that doesn't exist, based upon the logical fallacy that is known as 'Post hoc, ergo propter hoc' ('After this, therefore because of this')

The two cases are not linked.

Everton, sadly for its supporters, has been found guilty of making losses of more than £20M above the allowable amount in the three year period concerned. It seems that they are bang to rights on this but we will have to see how the mop flops with the appeals procedure.

As for City, again, let's see what the process brings forward. But given what our resident Blue experts on here have identified so far with this whole FFP farce, it seems to me, for what it's worth, that we have a very strong defence which will be argued robustly and ruthlessly. Bring it on.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how much United breached UEFA FFP by?
If they breached UEFA FFP then don't they automatically breach PL as well, and if so are they going to be getting a PL points deduction?
I think it was only a couple of hundred thousand
The threshold under UEFA rules is more stringent - they failed UEFA rules, but not PL ones

Cant help but feel like Everton have just got this out of the way early and not fought against it so they can get on with getting the points back.

Its not in their interest to keep it going all season and get 10pts deducted with 5 games to go and putting them in a relegation battle.
Eh? If Everton lose ten points they lose ten points. It's still ten points off what they've earned whenever the deduction occurs.
The question is whether some relegated clubs will carry out their threat to sue EFC as their cheating enabled them to survive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.