PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Disclosure is normal but only documents relevant to the case are disclosed.

Let’s say there’s an email from Daniel Levy to Masters saying “go and get the bastards in any way you can, I don’t care whether it’s justified or not”.

In the 115 case, so what?

It doesn’t have any bearing on whether City’s accounts are false. Granted it would make clear to the tribunal there was a concerted vendetta against the club, but if the accounts are fraudulent then we’re still fucked.

Regardless of there being a vendetta, submitting accurate accounts is the sole responsibility of City.

Something doesn’t seem right about this.
I'm no expert in these sorts of matters but if pressure has been placed on the PL by other clubs to nail us, the argument might be that this is procedural impropriety on the part of PL by allowing this to happen and may amount to an abuse of process.The other clubs should not have had any say at all in the decision to bring this case for obvious reasons.

It will be like that Scottish enquiry several months back where all the WhatsApp messages were deleted…same for the English govt during Covid enquiry where all the interesting messages were deleted…..it looks dodgy as fuck but they can’t prove anything

Bigger forces were at work in government. Several ministers had their WhatsApp accounts wiped externally. Not deemed possible so people high up in the security services likely involved…. Not sure the EPL has these resources.

Lol, I have never sent a text message in my life.

Thankfully I dont work for the pl in their "plot against City dept" so hopefully there will still be plenty for our legal team to peruse.

I have "received" loads of texts though(from customers mostly) and do read them, I always envisage the sender standing staring at their phone waiting for a reply.

I normally ring them back when its convenient, to actually speak.

Speaking directly is a great communications medium you know.

Even if its now a poor second to reading shortened script off a tiny screen.
TL;DR

Last edited:
I'm no expert in these sorts of matters but if pressure has been placed on the PL by other clubs to nail us, the argument might be that this is procedural impropriety on the part of PL by allowing this to happen. The other clubs should not have had any say at all in the decision to bring this case for obvious reasons.
…but if the accounts are fraudulent then they’re fraudulent.

My guess would be they expect to uncover collusion by other clubs and the PL and demonstrate complicity in having charges brought against City…..doesn’t have any bearing on the 115 other than to prove what City have been saying all along about organised and deliberate actions
I’m quite sure that if there has been collusion then that is a very serious matter. You simply can’t do that in business and expect to get away with a slap on the wrist.

Did CAS request all such communications from UEFA? I cannot remember hearing or reading that they did.

I do not know whether or not this is standard procedure, but I can't think of a disciplinary matter when the complainant has been required to disclose all correspondence about the respondent, especially over such a long period.

I would not be surprised at all if City already know exactly what has been discussed by the PL and with whom. And I don't think it's an exaggeration to state that if it is proven that the PL has been working in cahoots with clubs to plot our downfall, that it is a bigger scandal than Calciopoli in Italy in 2006. Lots of assumptions and conjecture admittedly, but I sense that the tide is turning. The ferocious response to Lawton's piece earlier this week was completely borne out of fear that we're starting to show our teeth. We're entering the beginning of the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.