PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Hmm, a Blades fan messaged me after the match that he hopes we win the title because:
1. we play the best football
2. he can't stand Liverpool
No mention of charges.
I've met the odd fan with those sentiments, but the majority I happen across haven't got a clue what the charges are, what the case is about or know how FPP works. As far as they're concerned we're cheats & we're guilty.

I just clicked the link & viewed the Sad Café thread on our charges & it's woefully & chronically pathetic! They want our titles stripped, & City not only banned from the PL, but from the Football League too!

They want our local derby to be against FC Utd, & anything less will prove City's corruption, because it's proof we've paid someone off after being caught bang to rights. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/cit...pl-with-numerous-ffp-breaches.464361/page-152

I've met the odd fan with those sentiments, but the majority I happen across haven't got a clue what the charges are, what the case is about or know how FPP works. As far as they're concerned we're cheats & we're guilty.

I just clicked the link & viewed the Sad Café thread on our charges & it's woefully & chronically pathetic! They want our titles stripped, & City not only banned from the PL, but from the Football League too!

They want our local derby to be against FC Utd, & anything less will prove City's corruption, because it's proof we've paid someone off after being caught bang to rights. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/cit...pl-with-numerous-ffp-breaches.464361/page-152
1. What on earth did you expect to find on the caf?
2. I tend to find match-going fans of other clubs are less judgmental and more curious about the actual detail, leaving aside the obvious banter.

1. What on earth did you expect to find on the caf?

I dunno tbh. I usually don't click on the links, but today I did & the scale of hatred, anger & ignorance of what's happening is just staggering!

They follow some bullshit Xitter account called the Sweden Rumble, (presumably a take on the Swiss Ramble) & the level of out context bollocks they were hanging their emotions on was on another level.

Apparently our briefs pointing out that certain parts of the PL's case is outside of legal limitations & that the PL didn't have jurisdiction with certain aspects of their case, is cast iron evidence of our guilt.

Apparently if we're not guilty, we shouldn't be trying to defend ourselves... ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

2. I tend to find match-going fans of other clubs are less judgmental and more curious about the actual detail, leaving aside the obvious banter.

I've met a few who think it's just the elite trying to stop us. Trying to stop Newcastle from signing a Saudi League player on loan, because of their owner status shows how the PL will act to stunt the growth of any club outside of the ruling Red Top Mafia.

Let me try.

(Again.)

The relationship between City and the PL is essentially contractual. One of the terms of that contract is that any disputes will be referred to an independent panel for determination. One of the other provisions is that we will provide accurate accounts.

The claim against City is that we have breached this contract. The way in which we are said to have breached it is serious, and is an allegation of criminal conduct. But the forum in which this dispute will be resolved is that provided for in the contract, and the contract is expressly subject to English law.

This has certain consequence.

One is that English law applies to questions of limitation. Note that an allegation of criminality does not change the limitation period, because, to repeat, the dispute between City and the PL is at its heart a claim of breach of contract. So the rules that say serious charges (like murder or fraud) have no limitation period is inapplicable because this is a civil case (albeit one that includes allegations of fraud.) To put the same point another way, the allegation of criminality does not lift this dispute out of the realms of civil claims.

So, as Petrushka has (repeatedly) argued (correctly) the general 6 year limitation period applies, with the proviso that the fraudulent concealment of the breach would mean that the six year period would only begin once the fraud is discovered.

Maybe this particular groundhog can now be laid to rest.

Thanks, Chris. I had in mind that I should get on this thread today to tackle points raised yesterday, but I saw the above earlier on and was happy that you'd given the answers for me. I ended up having a much busier day than previously expected, so was glad of your contribution.

As for the thread in general, there's been a lot of conjecture and speculation in the last few months but little that's been material given the lack of news in the public domain. I hope that 2024 will bring substantive updates and that they'll be positive in terms of moving towards the outcome that we posters in this discussion are hoping for.

I'm now off for my New Year's Eve celebration so will wish all Blues good health, joy, prosperity and success in the year to come. It seems a bit greedy after the triumphs of recent years to ask for more trophies for Pep and his mighty team, but, fuck it, let's fingers crossed have one or two more of them as well.

Mind how you go. And up the Blues!

Thanks, Chris. I had in mind that I should get on this thread today to tackle points raised yesterday, but I saw the above earlier on and was happy that you'd given the answers for me. I ended up having a much busier day than previously expected, so was glad of your contribution.

As for the thread in general, there's been a lot of conjecture and speculation in the last few months but little that's been material given the lack of news in the public domain. I hope that 2024 will bring substantive updates and that they'll be positive in terms of moving towards the outcome that we posters in this discussion are hoping for.

I'm now off for my New Year's Eve celebration so will wish all Blues good health, joy, prosperity and success in the year to come. It seems a bit greedy after the triumphs of recent years to ask for more trophies for Pep and his mighty team, but, fuck it, let's fingers crossed have one or two more of them as well.

Mind how you go. And up the Blues!

Happy New Year to you. Yes, it is 2024 here already.

They want- actually they need- us to be the whipping boys for their consistent and very expensive failures.

We would probably be well served to do a big FAQ page with answers checked over by the legally qualified posters.

Then everyone who isn’t a lawyer can refer back to it as and when necessary.

Maybe even a few of the lurking journalists could use it before they publish their next story on the case…

Yes, I have suggested this before. And not just for City fans. As long as it's verified, it could be used as a reference pointer for fans of other clubs and the press.

Happy New Year to you, btw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.