PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Worse is, Everton are effectively punished twice for the same crime. Because the PSR is a rolling 3-year tally, there's a good chance they could be in breach again next year.

The whole thing is daft and is miles away from what they initially claimed it was going to do. Protect clubs from owners? Pretty clear it's to protect clubs from other clubs.
Everton did vote for it

How have Chelsea got away with it. There has been talk they would have to sell Conor Gallacher

This article in the I caught my interest about possible further points deductions. Then at the end the 'expert" says he has seen some of the City stuff working at der Speigel and doesn't know why it's still going on.

He could probably answer that question himself if he thought about it. Just more dripping of the City are guilty line.
It demonstrates the lack of robustness that the Premier League and Uefa have had over the last 15/20 years in European football. I did some work with Der Spiegel back in 2017, and the evidence I’ve seen – you think, why hasn’t that been dealt with? That was seven years ago now.”

That last bit could be interpreted a few ways. It could mean I have seen the evidence and interpreted guilt or it could me I have seen the evidence just like CAS and it is a lot of crap!

Rob Wilson is the expert apparently. City always included with anything FFP or P&S!

How about the clubs who are punished i.e Everton, Wolves, Forrest, United, deal with their own financial cheating instead of always looking to blame city. Clear agenda here to take the spotlight off their own failings.

Only in this country could we have a league which is the most watched, most wanted to play in, that sells its tv rights (home and away) for an absolute kings ransom, has matches like last nights football fest that will be talked about for years, actually trying to destroy itself. Madness is afoot.

Agree. Posted the following on the 'Newcastle' thread this morning in response to 'X'/'Twitter' rollocks about Newcastle being stitched up by FFP, which one of our fellow Blues had quoted.

Substitute any other club of your choice with 'Newcastle' and you get the same thing..

=============================

Perhaps this (Newcastle) herbert might do some research and check up on the history behind all of this FFP guff.

He might find, for example, articles such as the one on the ESPN news page of 7 February 2013 (i.e. ELEVEN years ago) which included the following in its report:

"Premier League clubs have voted in favour of introducing a Financial Fair Play deal and restrictions on wages.

Representatives of the clubs first met in December to discuss proposals on a new system obliging teams to break even, as well as imposing some sort of cap on wages. The clubs agreed to reconvene on Thursday with 13 votes out of 20 needed to accept the proposals.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United, Tottenham, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle were all expected to back the new plans, while Manchester City, Fulham, West Brom and Aston Villa were expected to vote against.

In actual fact, the vote for the financial regulations could hardly have been closer - as six were against with Reading abstaining. It meant that the 'yes' vote only narrowly achieved the necessary two-thirds majority of the 19 votes cast.

Clubs sources say Fulham, West Brom, Manchester City, Aston Villa, Swansea and Southampton all voted against.

Chelsea, who had initially been viewed as opponents of financial fair play regulations, voted in favour."

Said herbert might also research the pages of our own, beloved Bluemoon Forum to find reactions to the above Premier League vote which warned of the consequences of this development for English football, all in some considerable, prescient detail.

Oh and finally, the said herbert might usefully spend time reorganising the following to make a well known phrase and saying:

'For. Turkeys. Christmas. Voting.'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.