PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I'm paraphrasing but Stefan said he was an expert in litigation cases to which Jordan piped up 'As am I'.
Fuck off mate, why are you stuck on talksport with a drink driving gobshite then!

Well Jordan’s probably been sued many times.

How embarrassing trying to tell a lawyer you know as much as them about the law…… what a ****!

The law baffles me but when I’ve needed one I’ve paid the bills & followed their advice.

Stefan
  • If City are found guilty, the only sanction will be relegation for somethign of this nature
  • I believe City will be found not guilty
  • He doesnt deem it possible for so many high level people to be involved in mass conspiracy and fraudulant activity
  • Everton will fail FFP for a 3rd time
I think the conspiracy angle is the one that makes me optimistic. If the allegations are true then City systematically faked their accounts for ten years and that would have required an elaborate conspiracy involving hundreds of people. The books were audited every year, due dilgence would have been done by investors like Silverlake, all our sponsors (not just Etidhad and Etislat) would have done due diligence. Even lawyers and accountants working for UEFA and CAS could not find any evidence of this happening. Surely at least one whistleblower out of the hundreds would have emerged if it was true.
The PL have gone much further and stronger than the wildest allegations in Der Spiegl. Personally I think they have made one of the worst blunders ever by any sporting organisation. This week the Chair of the Commons Select Committee concluded by telling Richard Masters: "It looks like you don't know what you are doing." I think she was right.

Last edited:
I think the conspiracy angle is the one that makes me optimistic. If the allegations are true then City systematically faked their accounts for ten years and that would have required an elaborate conspiracy involving hundreds of people. The books were audited every year, due dilgence would have been done by investors like Silverlake, all our sponsors (not just Etidhad and Etislat) would have done due diligence. Even lawyers and accountants working of UEFA and CAS could not find any evidence of this happening. Surely at least one whistleblower out of the hundreds would have emerged if it was true.
The PL have gone much further and stronger than the wildest allegations in Der Spiegl. Personally I think they have made one of the worst blunders ever by any sporting organisation. This week the Chair of the Commons Select Committee concluded by telling Richard Masters: "It looks like you don't know what you are doing." I think she was right.

For me, it's the fact that, even if the club has done what was alleged, which I don't believe for a minute, the PL don't have access to the evidence to prove it. It will all be in Abu Dhabi. And no-one in AD is double-crossing Mansour. So the club can gather any counter evidence it wants from AD, in the form it wants, and the PL won't have a response. Job done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.