PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

That is quite simply, one of, if not, the the best post I have ever read. Take a bow Jewel. Oh, and I genuinely believe that when we do clear our name, there's gonna be some very,very twitchy arses out there. I hope we obliterate the lying bastards!
Cowboy, I'm just so incredulous at the level of negative things being spun about us on a daily basis with no accountability and very little pushback from "professionals" who plainly know better. Based on what I see every day there's no one who is going to convince me that it's not a large scale smear campaign against everything City (and it doesn't have to be a coordinated conspiracy like some on here say doesn't exist, but it's 100% a fucking bandwagon). There's an enormous difference between being charged and being smeared. What's happening to our club has far transcended that line and it's quite frankly distasteful, unprofessional, disrespectful, and juvenile among other things. Why can't someone with a legitimate podium bring these discrepancies, distortions of facts, and outright lies to light, publicly. I appreciate the compliment but I'm sure I'm just saying what a lot of us think, that this has gotten out of control and someone needs to say or do something meaningful to get it to subside. I get that success breeds envy and jealousy and that these charges have opened the door for others to give us an elevated level of banter but when people go online and start throwing around accusations of trafficking in under age players its way past the time to pushback HARD!!! Let no one be mistaken, these cocksuckers want to obliterate our beloved club. Not happening!!!

Cynic in me has the Red shirts announcing this now to control the news cycle as they've been tipped off that charges are being dropped / no case to answer. Spin it how they want it - the ideal is a weekend of Tributes to Klopp, how he went up against the mean Money machine at City and won a league title but its taken its toll on his health and it's our fault that the EPL is now deprived of the Klopp / Pep rivalry coupled with a City defeat this evening so the talk of the quadruple continues to gather traction. Little foot note under the crossword that City cleared etc.

I love a cynic and this explanation. :)

Cynic in me has the Red shirts announcing this now to control the news cycle as they've been tipped off that charges are being dropped / no case to answer. Spin it how they want it - the ideal is a weekend of Tributes to Klopp, how he went up against the mean Money machine at City and won a league title but its taken its toll on his health and it's our fault that the EPL is now deprived of the Klopp / Pep rivalry coupled with a City defeat this evening so the talk of the quadruple continues to gather traction. Little foot note under the crossword that City cleared etc.
Definitely going be quotes such as,,,,,,,
Imagine what he'd achieved had City not cheated,
&
Compared to City's spend its unbelievable,
& plenty more I'm sure!
Bollocks to em haha

Didn't he tell the Liverpool players he was leaving at the end of the season, in October though?

He told the owners that, there’s probably a realisation in board rooms across the Premier League that the PL have fucked up big time here and and our lawyers will have their day in court taking them apart.

Cowboy, I'm just so incredulous at the level of negative things being spun about us on a daily basis with no accountability and very little pushback from "professionals" who plainly know better. Based on what I see every day there's no one who is going to convince me that it's not a large scale smear campaign against everything City (and it doesn't have to be a coordinated conspiracy like some on here say doesn't exist, but it's 100% a fucking bandwagon). There's an enormous difference between being charged and being smeared. What's happening to our club has far transcended that line and it's quite frankly distasteful, unprofessional, disrespectful, and juvenile among other things. Why can't someone with a legitimate podium bring these discrepancies, distortions of facts, and outright lies to light, publicly. I appreciate the compliment but I'm sure I'm just saying what a lot of us think, that this has gotten out of control and someone needs to say or do something meaningful to get it to subside. I get that success breeds envy and jealousy and that these charges have opened the door for others to give us an elevated level of banter but when people go online and start throwing around accusations of trafficking in under age players its way past the time to pushback HARD!!! Let no one be mistaken, these cocksuckers want to obliterate our beloved club. Not happening!!!
At this stage we just have to roll with the punches. Of course a lot of what is contained in coverage and comments is distorted and is not music to our blue ears. However, little of this negative stuff is realistically actionable. Some on here seem to think City should be taking journalists to the courts every other week. There are also constant calls to ban certain members of the press from the stadium. Neither approach is likely to gain anything in terms of tangible results and generate a more balanced coverage.

Let our lawyers do their talking in the tribunal rooms and our players do what's needed on the pitch. Develop a thick skin, keep a broad smile and fuck the begrudgers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.