PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

A win on all 115 counts would be our finest and most pleasing victory in the history of the club.
Agree with your sentiment..

..but wonderful as this outcome might be, it would, in my humble estimation, still rank below the example set by the 1937 Champions of England when lining up in the Olympic Stadium in Berlin to play an exhibition match against a German select XI, with each and every City player refusing to perform the Nazi 'Sieg Heil' salute before the game started (cf the England team a year later, told to comply by the craven FA..)

Telling Nazis to 'get to f**k' in their own backyard will always be the greatest, bravest moment in our entire history, bar none!

Agree with your sentiment..

..but wonderful as this outcome might be, it would, in my humble estimation, still rank below the example set by the 1937 Champions of England when lining up in the Olympic Stadium in Berlin to play an exhibition match against a German select XI, with each and every City player refusing to perform the Nazi 'Sieg Heil' salute before the game started (cf the England team a year later, told to comply by the craven FA..)

Telling Nazis to 'get to f**k' in their own backyard will always be the greatest, bravest moment in our entire history, bar none!
How many charges did we receive for doing that ?

If the case falls apart before getting to the hearing then all football fans outside City will attribute it to some sort of corruption.

We deserve our day in court to clear our name.

We have to appease nobody, all fans who have said we are guilty will never change their mind now for the rest of our lives, it's the way it's gonna be forever.

As long as the football keeps doing the talking I'll take that, just like I can continue to smile or say fuck off, whichever applies when cheats is thrown my way.

However if we do end up in court, against the league, then that opens up a whole new can of worms, because City could arguably finish it as it is now

For me, if as Kaldhoon says we have irrefutable proof of our innocence, we need a strong statement from either the tribunal, or the premier league if they want an early end to proceedings. That there is absolutely no proof we broke any rules or cheated in any shape or form. That these allegations appear to have been driven by rivals out to smear our reputation and stall our progress. Manchester City football club are completely exonerated and leave without one stain on their character and integrity.

giphy.gif

Speculative scenario.
1. The PL’s brief asked them to clarify certain matters, but was not satisfied with their response.
2. The brief concluded that they have no chance of winning the main charges and advised them not to proceed. (PL leaked this to several”friends”, hence the rumours that @tolmie's hairdoo has heard.)
3. They decided to carry on with some of the lesser charges such as Mancini’s contract.
4. The tribunal will go ahead and they will find against us in minor matters plus “non co-operation”.
5. As the tribunal is secret, they preserve face by telling City they cannot say what happened but can comment on the outcome.
6. An avalanche of boiling piss engulfs football and the haters confirm that we got away with it by having expensive lawyers.
7. Khaldoon lets rip but, being a gentleman, is kinder to the haters than they deserve.
8 This thread acquires another 1,000 pages.

What a load of bollocks..... 8 will be much more than than another 1,000 pages.

Edit: Sorry, already been done. :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.