PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

But the idea isn't to encourage losses - it's to accept that they may occur, but to try and minimise them.

It makes sense for it to be higher when the rules are introduced, as clubs will have contracts with players, outstanding transfer fees etc.

Increasing the amounts involved would suggest that losses are fine.

To put the £213m that Kieran Maguire mentions in context; while it's not enough to help any club compete with the top Premier League clubs, it's still a significant amount to lose. There are only twenty football clubs in the World with yearly revenues higher than that figure.

You’re all wrong……

It was probably just in case the Rags had losses around this amount. There hasn’t been a single rule created that hasn’t started from maintaining them at the top so we should assume that was the reason for this also.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive and in my estimation he is unquestionably useless.

Firstly, he was picked after others were appointed and subsequently inexplicably resiled from taking the role. That is very telling imo, given the profile and responsibility attached to the job. Being offered a such a job then walking away is highly unusual. For it to happen more than once, truly exceptional. This demonstrates that he wasn’t objectively the ‘best’ candidate and also that he was likely prepared to operate in a way the others weren’t - but that doesn’t stop him being useless.

Secondly, he has spectacularly miscalculated with regards to these charges against City and has placed the PL in a wholly unnecessary and invidious position. This demonstrates extremely poor judgement and lack of vision, both loudly proclaiming his uselessness.

Thirdly is the wider way the financial rules are currently playing out within the most successful sporting brand in human history, on his watch. He is presiding over a farce in relation to financial restrictions within the most commercially successful sporting product on the planet. That is actually absurd and further underlines his uselessness.

Fourthly, I’ve seen and heard him talk. A conspicuously unimpressive and uncharismatic man. Not someone who I think is remotely suited to a role that is palpably considerably above his talents.

In short, he is a useless ****.
Makes you wonder how he got so far up the corporate ladder! Simply being useless but outlasting everyone else? Nepotism? Willing to do the dirty?
Also, just an aside, didn’t one of the others originally accept the position, learnt more about the role and then backed out? Or am I misremembering?

It is my theory,that his uselessness, idiocy and lack of charisma is the reason they approved him. Incompetency is a very good cover.

We’ll see in a few years when he loses his job.I don’t think he’ll be unemployed long and wouldn’t be surprised to see him gain some sort of advisory role in UEFA or god forbid some sort of new league

Maybe that’s their intention destroy it and a new format/league pops up ..

Funny how the hat happens……

Now imagine a really good financial deal negotiated for those outside the top league giving up the dream of promotion……. Who would come up with such an idea ……. Parry?

Brilliant and spot on. He's taken the best product in world football and ruined it. If it carries on in this way English clubs will be championship level once more in Europe. As for a regulator, if whoever is appointed does as good a job as the absolute fuckwits running the country football really is fucked.
But that depends what you define as ruin.
For fans?
100% it’s terrible, the game is shit. Broken up, squeezed for every last penny. Can’t celebrate because you don’t know if it’s a goal yet. Etc etc.

For the money men? Absolutely not. Football cannot be stopped, it is a complete juggernaut and there’s only going to be more and more money for them. Them, of course, being the closed shop at the top.

But that depends what you define as ruin.
For fans?
100% it’s terrible, the game is shit. Broken up, squeezed for every last penny. Can’t celebrate because you don’t know if it’s a goal yet. Etc etc.

For the money men? Absolutely not. Football cannot be stopped, it is a complete juggernaut and there’s only going to be more and more money for them. Them, of course, being the closed shop at the top.

For the fans exactly. I've had the best years. The great Bell, Lee and Summerbee ones, the rollercoaster of relegations and promotions, the takeover and becoming the best team in the world. Once we beat these charges that's it, job done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.