PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Something I found interesting from sports bible whatever that is. Etihad are preparing for an Initial Public Offering (IPO), opening up their accounts for all to see before going on the stock exchange. Investment banking experts told the The Mirror that it's unlikely Etihad would allow such access if it risked revealing evidence of a manipulated sponsorship deal with City. The plot thickens. Or should that be the legal treacle does!
I read that too. This would at a minimum provide 2 years (probably 3) of financial accounts so could help even if it would not cover the period of the PL charges.

Does that discredit her as a journalist?
Somewhat, seeing as he had also been sacked from his previous job for the same thing and she turned a blind eye to him again touching up other female journalists.

If she wants to raise questions of morality, she knows she can start at home.

I queried Annabel Tiffin when she did this article and this was her reply.

“Thanks for replying. I appreciate what you’re saying. But I suppose from a journalist’s point of view we were doing a largely positive piece about a new venue. We have also done many items over the years about the regeneration of east Manchester. Never the less there is an issue that Manchester City council sold the land to a state with questionable human rights and many people have concerns about that. I put that point to the Mayor and it is for him to defend the position, which he did.

The UAE ranks 153 in the world in terms of personal freedoms. So while they’ve brought a lot of money into Manchester - and I love Manchester and want it to flourish - I believe it is fair to ask the question where that money is coming from.

Sorry for lengthy reply!!
Hope I haven’t put you off watching
Best wishes
Annabel”

Is that actually true, though? (The reply, not your post).

Who is the 'state' Manchester City Council sold the land to? The only state it might be is the UAE or some government owned entity (including say a sovereign wealth fund).

I had understood, however - perhaps incorrectly - that the land was purchased not by the state but by a privately owned Special Purpose Vehicle. If that's right, it makes the conflation of the state and the SPV by the journalist particularly egregious.

It's not a fair question if the factual premise underlying it is not accurate - especially so if it is knowingly inaccurate.

“Thanks for replying. I appreciate what you’re saying. But I suppose from a journalist’s point of view we were doing a largely positive piece about a new venue. We have also done many items over the years about the regeneration of east Manchester. Never the less there is an issue that Manchester City council sold the land to a state with questionable human rights and many people have concerns about that. I put that point to the Mayor and it is for him to defend the position, which he did.

The UAE ranks 153 in the world in terms of personal freedoms. So while they’ve brought a lot of money into Manchester - and I love Manchester and want it to flourish - I believe it is fair to ask the question where that money is coming from.

Best wishes
Annabel”
So she doesn’t even know who bought the site. It wasn’t sold to a state was it? It was purchased by Silverlake and Sheikh Mansour.

Best wishes
Annabel”

I’m curious how they are going to talk about a World Cup in a country that’s been militarily involved with every country on the globe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.