PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

As an Arsenal fan I can tell you that I wouldn't count that as a PL title win. It would be like one of those boxers who becomes world champion because the other one relinquishes his belt due to not taking on a specific fight - like when Riddick Bowe threw his belt in the bin.
Not least because none of the substantial allegations relate to the post 2018 period since Pep came in.

There's no need to 'go after' the Premier League when we win.

The best response City can make is doing what we've been doing; winning the trophies.
That hurts them and the media so much more than being sued by us. Except then they'd have no more excuses to hide behind. They'd have to conceed that Manchester City IS the best football club in England.

So in effect give the prosecution prior notice as to what our defence will be allowing them to specifically prepare counter arguments for it? Yeah, great idea!
Narrative, overall standpoint, regarding for instance the then admissibility of contracts between related parties. One thing is defense strategy regarding formal aspects, another "life" arguments, which constitutes narrative.

Generally no surprises hear. Many our arguments are known due to Uefa case.

Unlikely as they're not alleged to have submitted false accounts. Breaching FFP isn't about submitting wrong information, it's the right information but confirming you've overspent on the permitted limits.

What we're being accused of is submitting accounts which show we're working within those limits but that the accounts themselves are fraudulent. The leaked emails are what's given rise to the suspicion and subsequent investigation and allegations.

But knowing the rules and limits and still breaking them is still cheating, So Uefa should have said we need to look at all of your accounts to check if you did the same thing unknowingly in the past

But knowing the rules and limits and still breaking them is still cheating, So Uefa should have said we need to look at all of your accounts to check if you did the same thing unknowingly in the past

No because there is no reason to suspect dishonesty. Entirely different. There is no legal basis for UEFA to request any of that.

I have read they are being investigated for tax issues, which if true may be relevant with regards to the disclosure of documents.

Back on point, our case will be judged on the merits of evidence. The leaked emails, unfortunately, do give rise to suspicion and an investigation was inevitable. That doesn't mean we're guilty of course, and I hope in 5 or 6 months time when we get a verdict for all of this we'll be exonerated as we were at CAS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.