PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I think this is one of the fundamental misunderstandings that's happening. Arsenal, Everton, Brighton etc haven't done anything wrong re shareholder loans as the current rules (that City voted for btw) state that shareholder loans don't bear interest.

City have subsequently challenged this (and had this challenge upheld) meaning that moving forward this rule is likely to be amended. At that points clubs will need to comply with it but that's only after an amendment is made. At the present moment it's perfectly legal - I suspect it won't be after the rules get amended (assuming 60% of PL clubs vote for it - they may also decide not to of course).
If it helps you being on here great but in all seriousness you probably do need professional help. We are not trained to help you.

I think this is one of the fundamental misunderstandings that's happening. Arsenal, Everton, Brighton etc haven't done anything wrong re shareholder loans as the current rules (that City voted for btw) state that shareholder loans don't bear interest.

City have subsequently challenged this (and had this challenge upheld) meaning that moving forward this rule is likely to be amended. At that points clubs will need to comply with it but that's only after an amendment is made. At the present moment it's perfectly legal - I suspect it won't be after the rules get amended (assuming 60% of PL clubs vote for it - they may also decide not to of course).
No that's wrong. City have challenged the idea that 'soft' shareholder loans (be they zero or low interest or market rate interest) are not currently considered an APT when they clearly are.

What this means is that clubs like Arsenal will have to have the value of those soft loans assessed (and that's a separate thing to what level of interest they are paying) and that value will then be included in the PSR calculation.

Another interesting thing is people saying 'oh they'll just convert to equity' - well apparently equity can't be directly injected by owners otherwise City & Newcastle would just blow everyone else out of the water anyway.

PSR is only calculated on earnings generated, its going to take some financial gymnastics by the cartel clubs to get rid of those loans from a PSR perspective.

Also, bear in mind that the only reason Arsenals soft loans are done at interest level they are is to satisfy UEFA's PSR rules which don't allow zero interest loans.

No that's wrong. City have challenged the idea that 'soft' shareholder loans (be they zero or low interest or market rate interest) are not currently considered an APT when they clearly are.

What this means is that clubs like Arsenal will have to have the value of those soft loans assessed (and that's a separate thing to what level of interest they are paying) and that value will then be included in the PSR calculation.

Another interesting thing is people saying 'oh they'll just convert to equity' - well apparently equity can't be directly injected by owners otherwise City & Newcastle would just blow everyone else out of the water anyway.

PSR is only calculated on earnings generated, its going to take some financial gymnastics by the cartel clubs to get rid of those loans from a PSR perspective.

Also, bear in mind that the only reason Arsenals soft loans are done at interest level they are is to satisfy UEFA's PSR rules which don't allow zero interest loans.

They are still arguing that they didn't break the rules instead of apologising for making rules that were put in place for them to abuse and accrue debt whilst doing so.

I understand it's a very private affair so I am more than sure I already know the answer to this, but has anyone heard anything credible from the ongoing hearing at all now that we're almost 4 weeks through? And if so, would the credible information be classed (for us) as positive, negative or neutral?

There's always one or two people who have connections and hear something or other, might not be possible at all for this but worth asking...right?

The " Visit Rwanda " sponsorship logo seems to have been more successful than the Tories attempts top promote It.

( anybody know how much it is worth ? )
The legal/financial genius, "Magic Twat", did a hairy arms length Fair Market Value (FMV) analysis on this. 'Visit Rwanda' (£68m/year) was just ahead of 'Visit North Korea' (£66m/year) but worth a bit less than 'Visit Afghanistan' (£82m/year). However the Rwandan PR is considered to be a more ethical choice and in keeping with the traditional classy values of the tarqunts.

Last edited:

"Haven't done anything wrong".

The problem is Arsenal, Liverpool, United, Spurs and all the other jealous bastards have for the last 10 years done everything in your power to stop City off the pitch but it's on the pitch which matters.

You've done plenty things wrong in City's eyes

I understand it's a very private affair so I am more than sure I already know the answer to this, but has anyone heard anything credible from the ongoing hearing at all now that we're almost 4 weeks through? And if so, would the credible information be classed (for us) as positive, negative or neutral?

There's always one or two people who have connections and hear something or other, might not be possible at all for this but worth asking...right?
It's not looking good for us so don't build your hopes up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.