PL clubs unanimously agree to introduction of Semi-Automated Offside Technology

Leave it to the linesman unless there is a "clear and obvious" balls up, much like every other decision.

I’d have agreed with you 10 years ago that it wasn’t worth dedicating loads of time and money to fix offsides, but the technology is created now, might as well use it. “I was only a bit offside, let the goal stand” is not much of an excuse and if the decision is fast enough, people won’t have time to grumble that much.

Why don’t we just watch some nerds play fifa. E-sports will replace the really thing probably in future. Why fix the worlds greatest game when it wasn’t broken with rule changes and tech bullshit

Why don’t we just watch some nerds play fifa. E-sports will replace the really thing probably in future. Why fix the worlds greatest game when it wasn’t broken with rule changes and tech bullshit
Goal line technology is pretty much accepted as normal these days, this will be the same eventually. Which is fine by me. We’ll still have subjective decisions to moan / argue about with interfering with play offside decisions.
Got to be better than all this line drawing time consuming decisions.

According to the Mail It’s the FIFA system, but that’s just the UEFA system + sensor. The UEFA system is the cameras live mapping everyone’s position (and the ball) and the fifa/adidas way is that +sensor to detect when the ball is kicked.

You have a link for that? I have only seen that it's the UEFA system?

If it is, I don't know why it can't be ready for the start of the season?

I’d have agreed with you 10 years ago that it wasn’t worth dedicating loads of time and money to fix offsides, but the technology is created now, might as well use it. “I was only a bit offside, let the goal stand” is not much of an excuse and if the decision is fast enough, people won’t have time to grumble that much.

Sure, it's just a principle thing with me. I know it's going to happen. I am old and liked the game how it used to be, tbh.

Just prepare to be losing some brilliantly worked goals for a toe being 1mm offside in the search for an exactness that can't be guaranteed and that no-one watching in the ground or on tv could have seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.