PL Ipswich Town (h) post match thread

Excellent 1st half performance, where we completely dominated despite going a goal behind. Second half was a bit of a damp squib, but Ipswich defended deeper. Rico continued his excellent start to the season, shame he didn't score.

Just got in. Excellent performance overall. KDB looks really fit and healthy -he’s also playing a little deeper than previous years with Haaland.

Rico simply immense.

Delap was a real handful-pacy, strong and likes to make it physical. He’s a big talent.

I assume we have a buy back on Delap?

Very decent run out. If we’re honest, they have harder games in training. Not a slight at Ipswich, they tried to play but were miles away from us. That said, a couple of break away attacks shows they can move the ball well.

Anyway. Another superb performance by Rico, he wants to be on that team sheet to start games. Keep it up.

We took our foot off the gas and coasted for at least 60 minutes which made it a bit flat.

Great win, so good goals and some good near misses.

Up the blues.

Impressed with Lewis and Savinho - again.
KDB has started the season better than I thought he would - in fact the whole team has.
Haaland; superlative as a striker.
Ipswich weren't up to much, and Delap will have to tone it down a bit over the coming months - put himself about a bit too much in the 2nd half and could have had 2 yellows on another day.
The hammers did well with a 2-0 win at Palace today, so they'll give us a test next week, I reckon, even though we generally do well there. If we can take the points, we can ask no more. Frankly, after the abbreviated pre-season for our best players, I would have taken 5 or 6 points out of the first 9 points as being satisfactory. Now, we're going for 9 - happy days!

After a less than auspicious start, we made it look easy, and won the game at a canter.

Erling was his usual brilliant self in front of goal, and took his goals extremely well. The penalty was a typical Håland example of how to take a spot kick.

But the star of the show was, once again, Rico. He was fantastic, and seemed to be everywhere and was always available to accept a pass.

It was great to see Mr Boulders back in a City shirt. I know at least one poster, who will be over the Blue Moon.

Nice to see Jack back and James come on for a cameo, along with Matheus.

But the biggest cheer - apart from the goals - of the afternoon was saved for the returning ice cream salesman. It was fantastic to see Ilkay back in a Blue shirt, and though he didn’t set Etihad alight, he showed flashes of what we missed last season.

All-in-all, a good workout for the lads, and more valuable minutes in their legs.

Oh, and by the way, we’re top of the League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.